Yamaha DT400

JVDChuck
This post is 5208 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I'm new to the forum, i'm looking for any information on where to start searching for parts for a 1978 DT400. I recently had one handed down to me from my Dad and I would like to restore it. Any help would be grea, the local stealerships won't work on anything older than 1990.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi I'm new to the forum, i'm looking for any information on where to start searching for parts for a 1978 DT400. I recently had one handed down to me from my Dad and I would like to restore it. Any help would be grea, the local stealerships won't work on anything older than 1990.

You lucky duck.

It all depends on how much you want to spend. First off get yourself a Ebay account and search every few days "DT400" followed by whatever part you need. People dissemble old DT's and sell the parts all the time.

If you're willing to throw some money around or you just can't seem to find the part you're looking for, Bikebandit.com is a great place for parts. Here is the DT400 Page for you. Here

Finally, and this might surprise you, Kijiji.com is also a good place. People can post free classified adds on it. Either search for your bike in your area, or just post a wanted add for information and parts. I did this and found someone who lives 15 minutes away from me who had also done a refurb and gave me a set of blinkers for 15$

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online