Flasher Relay Location

bznchris
This post is 5334 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Installing new turn signals today, and found that the previous owner had done away with the flasher relay. Soooooo, shopping around, I see that the relay plugs into something. What would this something be? And where would it be located. Whatever it plugs into is missing as well... Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

that something is located under the frame of the top spine under the rear of the tank ( in front of the battery) hopefully you can see the branch of the loom where it was!

I am also assuming its the 2A2 model

that something is located under the frame of the top spine under the rear of the tank ( in front of the battery) hopefully you can see the branch of the loom where it was!

I am also assuming its the 2A2 model

Ok, I think I see where it possibly went. Going to need to replace this part along with the relay. Is there a name or part number I could look up? Can't see it in any fiche.

i think it is the same as the RD,s so get e 3 pin (mechanical not solid state /elelctronic) flasher unit from a bike shop, they are much cheaper than the real thing (if you can find one) but the self cancel will not work and you may find a slight delay in the flashers starting from cold almost like the unit needs to warm up

i fitted an electronic one to my last rd resto it was fine til i started the engine then the flashers went into warp factor asshole mode, I:E they flashed so fast htey were nearly on all the time just dimmed slightly instead of flashing on and off

merv

Thanks mervin, good advice.

drewps, right, I found the part, but I also need the connector that plugs into the relay. I'm assuming it's something that I just need to splice into the turn signal circuit.

In other words, I have a circuit, and I will soon have a relay, but how do I connect them? (what part?)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online