XT600E starting problems

pthomerson
This post is 5179 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Paul

slight lack of info here. when you say run switch from battery to solenoid,do you mean that if you run a wire direct from battery to solenoid it works?? does the bike crank over when you try to start it with the switch? or does nothing at all happen, have you checked all your fuses, not just to see if they are blown but make sure they are making good contact as well, do the contacts in the switch need a clean?

Mev

Can anyone help with 97 XT600E starting problems

battery good (new)

starter fine

I can run switch from battery to solenoid & bike starts fine

not sure where to go next

any help greatly appreciated

paul t

sorry for lack of info

neutral light on tried to pull clutch in no different

allways been a bit lazy to start (slow starter)

I have a snap-on starter button that you connect to positive of battery then starter side of starter solonoid you the operate the button & with ignition on the bike fires up no prob.

when you press start button the neutral light does not change ie go dimmer

i had similar problems with my honda SLR, in the end i removed the starter and cleaned everything up including the electrical connections, also the condensation and oil had filled the starter mechanism with mayonnaise sludge, it worked wel after that

• 5 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online