Engine block refurb?

beatts
This post is 5366 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Just wondering if it is possible to have the engine block refurbished?

The previous owner obviously didnt wash down after a ride on the salty roads and now the surface is pitted and looks quite rough.

I could try doing it myself I suppose by taking the downpipes / radiator off but just wondered if there are people out there who could do this?

Bike is an 04 FZ6 by the way

Also is there any quick way of removing the downpipes? the stud nuts are very badly corroded and I expect they will snap when I try to loosen them.

many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well lets start with removing nuts, soak em well in wd40 or plus gas for a couple of days then use a bit of heat on em, then undo a little at a time, once you get the nuts moving a little apply more Wd40 and rock them back and forth rather than trying to undo them all at one go so kinda loosen, tighten, loosen, tighten loosening the nut a little more each time and adding more wd 40 until it comes off, as for cleaning well take a soft wire brush to the block and remove the corrosion

then mask of anything yuo do not want painted and spray it with PJ1 or another engine paint i reckon, unless you wan too strip it completely, then i can recommend someone who will vapour blast it for you and you can paint it after yourself

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online