What is the best option?

Wazza13
This post is 5369 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a an old 82 RS125 that is kicking about the garage, got 2 of these to restore 1 to its former glory but I was wondering what to do with the old girl?

My mate has an old DT175MX kicking about, bike is rotten but engine seems to be in better nick, so was thinking if it possible to fit the 175 motor in the RS frame? Then somehow trying to route the 175 pipe through the frame... Or is there a straight through pipe for the 175? Obviously the downside of this is that the DT motor is not designed for long haul road use but surely with a change in sprocket settings and tweaking of the motor we should be able to squeeze more out the top end rev range.

Let me know what you guys\girls think and if you have an experience with things like these in the past, any help and guidance will be helpful

Cheers

Warren

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I did think of that idea but unfortunately the DT is truely rotten and missing so much, clocks, ignition, all lights, wiring loom and rust had attacked the poor thing everywhere from just standing out-side up in the highlands.

As much as I would love to restore I just think the cost will be more than I can handle at the minute :o(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online