Paul Smeeton's BitzForBikes

dsm6678
This post is 4194 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I usually do not write a mean e-mail like the one that was here and after reading it I do not want it posted anymore but after being nice for so long with no positive results and being ignored every person has a point where they say enough is enough. I was not mad at first because everybody makes mistakes but when you are lied to and you have to find out on your own that someone is pulling a fast one on you that hurts. Like I said Mr. Smeeton is probalby a nice guy to you but not to me.

They were ignoring me that is why I wrote that e-mail, then I got a reply. It is possible with older motorcycles that it could have different parts on it from different motorcycles but that is not the case with my motorcycle's rear hub and wheel assembly.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well pal after many dealings with paul i have found him very helpful and parts have always been good, and the one part that was incorrect i was fully refunded and i sent it back to him, then in a phone call later that month it just out of interest i asked if he had got the part back and turned out the part had not got back to him and he had not mentioned it too me i asked him, i would use paul again anyday without any worries, before you start going on about too much about wrong parts check your bike has the correct wheels fitted it is possible if the rear sprocket is wrong someone has fitted a different rear wheel, for example my TDR has an R1 front caliper fitted and if i did not know that and ordered TDR brake pads they would not fit

but it would not be the fault of the supplier would it now, an also if you are in the us what he hell are you doing oredering parts from the uk surely there is a us company able to supply chains and sprockets

Well pal after many dealings with paul i have found him very helpful and parts have always been good, and the one part that was incorrect i was fully refunded and i sent it back to him, then in a phone call later that month it just out of interest i asked if he had got the part back and turned out the part had not got back to him and he had not mentioned it too me i asked him, i would use paul again anyday without any worries, before you start going on about too much about wrong parts check your bike has the correct wheels fitted it is possible if the rear sprocket is wrong someone has fitted a different rear wheel, for example my TDR has an R1 front caliper fitted and if i did not know that and ordered TDR brake pads they would not fit

but it would not be the fault of the supplier would it now, an also if you are in the us what he hell are you doing oredering parts from the uk surely there is a us company able to supply chains and sprockets

I to have used and recomended them afew time ive had lot off parts for all my bikes and had no probs tuch wood sorry to hear about your bad news but think this guy mite be rigth good luck anyway :blink:

Well I guess Paul is probably a good guy possibly he was in a bad mood or something and just took it out on me I do not know. My rear wheel is 100% original and I talked to a person in England that owns a European version on the Yamaha DT 400B and I sent him the pictures of my sprocket and the one that BitzforBikes sent me and the the guy from England his website is here, http://www.allanson.vispa.com/dtpage.htm told me that the sprocket Bitzforbikes sent me is wrong. He said he had the same problem with his sprocket and he ended up having to get it made just like I did. One more thing to add, Paul said if I would have looked at the picture (diagram) on their website of the sprocket this would have never happened but the problem was when I purchased the sprocket it said "picture (diagram) unavailable". After I reviewed the e-mail from Paul about the pic. I went back to their website and all of a sudden it was their. They put the diagram up after I bought the part and complained in a nice manner.I have a bad fealing is was not coincidence. It could be that I am in the U.S.A. and it is much harder to get your money back from a business in another country. I still lost $24.00. One last thing if a company tells you they will give you a refund and then go back on their word that is wrong! I went throught the trouble and found the some of the e-mails from them about giving me a refund here they are;

Sent: Thu 9/10/09 7:39 AM

To: 'Darren Massaro' ([email protected])

Hi Darren, after further investigation, i cannot understand why this sprocket does not fit? We now have 2 options, either you can return it to us for a refund, or measure your old sprocket dimentions and ill try to match it up.

Best Regards

Emma

Bitzforbikes Ltd

Tel: 01706 344899

Email: [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 10 September 2009 07:52

To: [email protected]

Subject: RE: BB239068572 Order not received

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 09:06:45 +0100

Hi Darren, please could you tell me the number on the bag that the sprocket came in?

Best Regards

Emma

Bitzforbikes Ltd

Sent: 05 September 2009 21:24

I just got the sprocket today and it is not even close to what the description on your website said and It does not fix my motorcycle at all.

The sprocket I ordered was supposed to be high carbon steel to OEM standard (1975-76 DT 400) and the one you sent me is some type of aluminum and will not fit my motorcycle. The bolt holes are WAY off. It says on the reciept 853-43 Steel Rear Sprocket but it is not a steel sprocket.

How do I go about getting a refund.

Thanks,

Darren

Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 09:39:25 +0100

Hi Darren, The order was dispatched on 24th August. I have a tracking number RF240411676GB

It was sent with our royal mail international service.

Best Regards

Emma

Bitzforbikes Ltd

Sent: 04 September 2009 08:50

To: 'Emma'

Subject: FW: BB239068572 Order not received

Regards, Paul Smeeton.

Bitzforbikes Ltd,

140 - 144 Rooley Moor Rd,

Spotland,

Rochdale,

OL12 7DQ.

Tele: 01706 344899.

Fax: 01706 344899.

Web: www.bitzforbikes.co.uk

Bitzforbikes Limited is registered in England No. 05143878.

VAT Reg No. 837 0896 93.

Sent: 03 September 2009 16:34

Subject: BB239068572 Order not received

Sorry to bother you again but I e-mailed you on 9/1/2009 and you did not respond and I just e-mailed you again through your website. I am sending this e-mail directly from my hotmail just to make sure you receive it.

I ordered a sprocket for a 1975 Yamaha DT 400B on 8/22/2009 and it has not shown up yet. Your website said 2-5 business days and its been eleven so I am getting a little bit worried. Can you check into this for me the order number was BB239068572

Thank you,

Darren Massaro

You asked why did I order parts from the U.K., well because they were the only company that supposedly had the sprocket for the 1975-1976 Yamaha DT 400. I actually ordered a different part (peg return springs) from a different company at http://www.tytrials.co.uk/trailandtrialsuk/prod_270582--9-amp-10-Pair-of-Footrest-Springs-TY250-Twinshock.html. They are the only company in the word that has started making these springs again, as far as I know. I checked everwhere. Now you can understand why I order from the U.K. sometimes.

Thanks,

Darren

This is that guy from England he has a website and owns a Yamaha DT 400 European version I sent him a picture of my sprocket and the one BitzforBikes sent me and he said they sent me the wrong one I even checked an Original sales brochure for the 1975-76 Yamaha DT 400 both U.S and U.K. models and the sprockets are the same. BitzforBikes tried to tell me they were different but I completely proved them wrong I did A complete investigation to make sure I was not the one who made the mistake. I deleted his e-mail because I do not know if he would like me putting it on another website.

Subject: Re: My original DT 400 sprocket Picture

Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 10:13:03 +0100

Hi

Your original one is definitely the right one, the one they have sent you I would guess is for the DT400mx, I had the same problem when I needed one for the rebuild I ended up with one machined from the original one in aluminum.

Try he may have one or may be able to point you in the right direction.

Yamaha p/n 214-25440-10 (40t) as far as I know the 205 is the same apart from 44t.

Clive

I never got the refund from them I had to go through my credit card company to actually get the refund and that took months.

I ended up getting the correct sprocket for a 1975-76 Yamaha DT 400B/C but since they are almost impossible to get I had to pay $110.00 Dollars (made out of some special metal so it supposedly should never wear out), I found this guy in the U.S. that actaully makes sprockets that are very hard to acquire for certain vintage motorcycles.

Very interesting, i know all the parts come from Hi level/jt sprockets etc direct, and i have a feeling that they are the problem here, all the suppliers just send and order for parts and they get them in from their and send em out too you,but it does surprise me that Paul did not sort it out for you, in future you can reference sprockets online here their diagrams have all the measurements on them so you can specify the number sprocket you want and check the measurments against your old one before ordering

Very interesting, i know all the parts come from Hi level/jt sprockets etc direct, and i have a feeling that they are the problem here, all the suppliers just send and order for parts and they get them in from their and send em out too you,but it does surprise me that Paul did not sort it out for you, in future you can reference sprockets online here their diagrams have all the measurements on them so you can specify the number sprocket you want and check the measurments against your old one before ordering

You know now that you mention JT sprockets I actually ordered a "JT" sprocket from Cheap Cycle Parts and it said For 1975 Dt400 But it was the same type of sprocket sprocket the BitzforBikes sent me. So I think JT sprockets has a mistake in their inventory they think all the DT 400's use the same sprocket all the up to 1983 or whenever they stopped making that model. Cheap cycle parts gave me a full refund. I know it is not completely BitzforBikes fault well mostly it is the suppliers fault but I just wish they could have believed me that it was the wrong sprocket. I went to parts diagrams and I even contacted the person from England to help show them the problem. In the end Paul did offer half store credit and half of my money back but Emma told me I could get a full refund before that. I would have taken that half store credit half refund but I did not need anything else especially due to shipping costs from England. I only order from U.K. if I cannot find the part anywhere else. I bet your sick of hearing about this by now so I will get on with my life instead of complaining about it haha. Well, thanks for the info on the sprockets

no probs mate only glad to be able to help a little if i can

it looks to me like the problem is with the sprocket manufactures not knowing what they are doing

Merv

You asked why did I order parts from the U.K., well because they were the only company that supposedly had the sprocket for the 1975-1976 Yamaha DT 400. I actually ordered a different part (peg return springs) from a different company at http://www.tytrials.co.uk/trailandtrialsuk/prod_270582--9-amp-10-Pair-of-Footrest-Springs-TY250-Twinshock.html. They are the only company in the word that has started making these springs again, as far as I know. I checked everwhere. Now you can understand why I order from the U.K. sometimes.

Thanks,

Darren

that's John Cane, he lives 2 miles from me, nice guy but the only problem is that he's scottish :lol:

that's John Cane, he lives 2 miles from me, nice guy but the only problem is that he's scottish :lol:

Well I cannot believe he makes those springs there a strange design, he must have some type of machine shop or something. Tell him thanks if you see him. I told him those springs not only fit the ty250 but they also fit the U.S. Versions DT400 1975 and I bet they fit other motorcycles to like the DT 250 certain years U.S. versions, he actually already knew that. I bet a lot of people are missing those springs because these enduros sit kinda low and those springs take a beating and It sucks trail riding without them you could end up crashing because of those missing. I bet people would buy them if they knew he had them and they fit those other motorcycles. They are the same part numbers and I bet most 1975 and 1976 U.S. DT's are missing them due to being unavailable from Yamaha and their low ground clearence for an enduro anyway!

Darren,

Do a Google search for PBI Sprockets.....can't seem to find their website right now & not sure why? :unsure:

I used to work for them & can testify that they make sprockets for just about ANYTHING with 2 wheels. B)

The results from a Google search will also reveal plenty of distributors nationwide that sell PBI products.

Hope this Helps--

• 2 years later...

There are 2 types of rear sprockets for the DT400, one has a 62mm centre and the other a 152mm centre. The 62mm one is for the US market obviously including US imports into the UK.

Standard 43 Toothed Rear Sprocket Yamaha DT400 1975-77
Sprocket Yamaha DT400 1975-77 (Rear Standard)
Please Note: 152mm Centre - See Image
Use this if you need 62mm version Sprocket Yamaha DT250 1975-76 (Rear)

Hope this helps :idea:

B'rgrds

Paul

Motorcycle Products Ltd

http://www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk/catalogue/yamaha-motorcycle-parts.html

There are 2 types of rear sprockets for the DT400, one has a 62mm centre and the other a 152mm centre. The 62mm one is for the US market obviously including US imports into the UK.

Standard 43 Toothed Rear Sprocket Yamaha DT400 1975-77

Sprocket Yamaha DT400 1975-77 (Rear Standard)

Please Note: 152mm Centre - See Image

Use this if you need 62mm version Sprocket Yamaha DT250 1975-76 (Rear)

Hope this helps :idea:

B'rgrds

Paul

Motorcycle Products Ltd

http://www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk/catalogue/yamaha-motorcycle-parts.html

Bloody hell a thread from 2010 is back from the dead.

:headscratch:

Bloody hell a thread from 2010 is back from the dead.

:headscratch:

Info I gave is wrong now according to not so helpful customer. I now have no idea what rear sprog fits a US import DT400. All I learned is that the centre hole is far smaller. If anyone had dimensions, I'd like to help if anyone needs one

• 1 month later...

Paul Smeeton's Bitz for bikes sucks! I bought a 1982 175 IT piston 1/over but they sent me a piston kit that was for an earlier year I assume. the piston fit my new bore and everything seemed to be good but the pins that hold the rings in place were located incorrectly for a 82-83 IT and the result is the rings catch on the intake port and break, thus destroying your new bore and piston as well as possible bottom end damage.

I bought the piston kit from them since for some strange reason they are not available anywhere in the USA.......not even Wiesco.

I have been trying to communicate with them regarding that they are still advertising the incorrect piston and also what might they do for me since my new rebuilt motor is toast from their mistake.

Their response - through their live chat crap was.............you agreed to the terms of no returns or refunds

My response ......suck my ass and #uck you Paul you spineless little weasel!

OK, I feel a little better now but beware you may not get what you order from Paul and he obviously doesn't give a shit.

redtank

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online