valve spring compressor

xs250caferacer
This post is 5376 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi to all yamaha owners,

i have just bought a valve spring compressor to take the valves out my 1981 xs250,it just bends and i cant tighten it down anymore to get the collets out,it says it does motorcycle on the box, but can anyone give me any help please.

thanks mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

with a socket under the valve to support it, and another socket over the valve spring retainer. give the latter a wack with the hammer to break the seal of the colletts on the valve stem.

Your compressor should work then

drewps

BTW

:welcome: to the YOC

with a socket under the valve to support it, and another socket over the valve spring retainer. give the latter a wack with the hammer to break the seal of the colletts on the valve stem.

drewps

BTW

You can't beat the heaviest spanner in the box :D:D

with a socket under the valve to support it, and another socket over the valve spring retainer. give the latter a wack with the hammer (BIRMINGHAM SCREWDRIVER) to break the seal of the colletts on the valve stem.

drewps

BTW

correct terms for the tools please Drewps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online