older bikes

pepperami
This post is 5244 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

it`s a funny old thing to look back at the bikes you once owned..

when i was a spotty youth, i owned bikes such as suzuki A100`s, FS1E`s, Honda CB125 twin, LC250 :):) ,Suzuki GT250`s = many, suzuki DR, plus a bucketful of off road stuff, ect ect and i remember them all with a big smile and thought they were the mutts nuts???? oh except for the CZ!!

just recently i had the chance to ride both a CB125 twin and a A100 and it`s surprising how small they are.

how i ever managed to go fast on any of those is beyond me :o

thier handling and brakes scared the life out of me :o

i think being 6 stone heavier and 4" taller might have some effect on the aero-dynamics me-thinks :D

what bike have you owned in the past that is not as good as you first thought it was??

that said i still think that the older bikes are easier to work on..... what do you lot think ???

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

just recently i had the chance to ride both a CB125 twin

Thats where it all started for me 35 years ago, a CB125ss, superb little bike, good performance and excellent fuel consumption.Made a right racket with its open megaphone exhausts :o

HondaSS125.jpg

Since then though i'm lucky to be still wearing my 'rose tints' in that i managed to hang on to my DT175 while other bike came and went :)

The only bike i bought but didnt like was a Honda dominator NX650, i bought this one new (1998) mainly for its looks as i've always liked trail bikes but found it too long legged in a queue on the commute to work and also heavy.

I'm in the same boat as OG here, i also hung on to my DT although it has lived a far harder life. And i have gone to a bike i always wanted when they came out, the TDR, not all that old but one of those 'one day' moments that i managed to achive.

well i have my Rd,s 2 together and runing and the TDR.s one in bits and one running , my son is selling his 400 bandit and wants one of the TDR,s so i better ge to work on the bits and pieces one. OG never rode the NX 650 but my vigor is derivative detuned for more flexibilty i am told pulls like a diesel would be a good commuter i reckon

merv

My first bike was an italian moped, white wall tyres, pressed steel chassis which was half faired at the back. couldn't remember the name and it cost £5 off a mate.

2nd was a CD175, which i built at 14-15 years old with very little tools and no torque wrench so it spewed oil out cause i was too scared to over tighten it :o

In Devon

Z400 i got cheap

KE175 ditto

then a KH125, which i rebuilt

In Manchester

CX500, which was my mode of transport for a few years till i was taken off it by a myopic driver!

Kids/morgage came next

then me xs400

My first bike was an italian moped,????? [ name & shame] Cumon drewps, spill the beans , U & O.Git starting the mobylette Owners then ???

2nd was a CD175, ohmy.gif [ Ugly duckling]

KE175 [ OH" a bit of compitition for the DT" old git" ?]

In Manchester

CX500, [ Dung Beetle]

xs400 [ Nice example i must say ] cool.gif

Mobylette were French, dont knock em though.

CD175, ugly but reliable Honda quality, I prefer the CB 175 that I had.

KE175...Youre having a laugh...DT175MX the undisputed champion supreme of all comers in its day

CX500 not even a beetle but a lowly maggot, i had a new CB900F when these were out. :D

xs400 [ Nice example i must say ] ...I'll give you that one though ;)

KE175...Youre having a laugh...DT175MX the undisputed champion supreme of all comers in its day

CX500 not even a beetle but a lowly maggot, i had a new CB900F when these were out. :D

You forgot the Z400, oh hang on so has everybody else....

my bro has a mobylette (still has!)

I realy can't remember the name of that itie bike, bet its worth a bomb now!!

cd was free and the KE was £50. CX was nice to ride but shite to look at!!

the z400 was £50 and i sold it for £100, sucker!!. it had the balance shafts taken out and vibrated like shite :lol:

ok! heres the question??... without choosing a bike for profit, what bike in your past would you have again??

what bike would you like to have again because it was a good ride? and easy to work on, oh! and low cost?

for me it would have to be my LC250 :) = many many smiles per miles!!

I have gone to a bike i always wanted when they came out, the TDR.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online