XVS950 MIDNIGHT STAR

terminator
This post is 4237 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wondered how any fellow owners are getting on with their 950's - any mods, problems, warranty work etc...

Mines done 1000 miles now, returning 57 mpg average ( worst 55mpg, best 59.5mpg) Performance not bad considered the low power output 112mph indicated ( about 100 actual mph) - Speedo is a good 10% out compared with GPS, Done the silencer mod on mine and fitted K&N air filter after doing the airbox mod ( now breathes cool air, against hot air from between the cylinders) - Looking forward to hearing from you ....

Cheers

The Terminator.

Edited by terminator

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate,had mine for 4 months now,got a cobra relacement back box for it,sounds like a bike now.Got some fat wishbone handle bars comeing christmas day and some chrome grips.Saving for a cobra fuel management thing,then will do something with air filter.Mine is dark blue,looks lovely in the sun but we dont get much of that.2000 miles no probs so far.Tappets sound a bit rattely,have seen a manual on disc on ebay will have to get one so i can check the tappets.Are you in UK or USA dont matter just woundered.Take Care Mate. John and Sharon My mrs got a VN 900 :xmas::thumb:

Before you splash out your ££ for a manual, try this? Not sure if it's what you want but may help? (May also have a manual you do want?)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19415470/XVS950-V-STAR5S712009#

Hi mate,had mine for 4 months now,got a cobra relacement back box for it,sounds like a bike now.Got some fat wishbone handle bars comeing christmas day and some chrome grips.Saving for a cobra fuel management thing,then will do something with air filter.Mine is dark blue,looks lovely in the sun but we dont get much of that.2000 miles no probs so far.Tappets sound a bit rattely,have seen a manual on disc on ebay will have to get one so i can check the tappets.Are you in UK or USA dont matter just woundered.Take Care Mate. John and Sharon My mrs got a VN 900 :xmas::thumb:

Hi , yes I'm UK, Your mileage 2000 ? , tappets do not need adjusting until 12,000 miles !!! If you go in tinkering with valve clearances yer warranty will be void !!! If you think there's a problem take it back to dealer under warranty, thats what its there for....I had a Cobra on mine, was just to loud and messes up the fueling without a Power Commander or Cobra Fuel management, and £ per power gain it just ain't worth the money..

Hope sun shines soon !!

Cheers

Steve.

Had mine 10 months now and no problems whatsoever. He's sweet as a nut.

Not doing any mods just yet as it will void me warranty, so am holding out till its ended, besides.... i love it as it is... for now.

I agree th the speedo being out though - my Tom Tom shows it roughly 10% out too.

I love love love my bike though - wouldn't swap it for the world!

Had mine 10 months now and no problems whatsoever. He's sweet as a nut.

Not doing any mods just yet as it will void me warranty, so am holding out till its ended, besides.... i love it as it is... for now.

I agree th the speedo being out though - my Tom Tom shows it roughly 10% out too.

I love love love my bike though - wouldn't swap it for the world!

How the devil do I attach photo's .....I want to post a couple of pics of my 950 !!

Being a I.T numpty I hav'nt a clue!!

Help please.

Terminator

Just wondered how any fellow owners are getting on with their 950's - any mods, problems, warranty work etc...

Mines done 1000 miles now, returning 57 mpg average ( worst 55mpg, best 59.5mpg) Performance not bad considered the low power output 112mph indicated ( about 100 actual mph) - Speedo is a good 10% out compared with GPS, Done the silencer mod on mine and fitted K&N air filter after doing the airbox mod ( now breathes cool air, against hot air from between the cylinders) - Looking forward to hearing from you ....

Cheers

The Terminator.

HELP I HAVE PHOTOS BUT NOT A CLUE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THEM - CAN SOMEONE EMAIL ME [email protected] AND I WILL EMAIL PICS TO THEM - CAN THEY THEN POST A NEW THREAD AS 'TERMINATORS XVS950'

Thanks.

heres how:

1 - open a photobucket account (google it)

2 - Upload your photos to your new photobucket account

3 - once uploaded, copy the IMG line and paste it into your new post on here

4 - as if by magic your photo wil appear in your post

Any probs PM me ;)

heres how:

1 - open a photobucket account (google it)

2 - Upload your photos to your new photobucket account

3 - once uploaded, copy the IMG line and paste it into your new post on here

4 - as if by magic your photo wil appear in your post

Any probs PM me ;)

Yeah,lets get some photos on here,will try to do mine.Hey GOFF you nearly got as many tattoos as me and my mrs,nice one.

Yeah,lets get some photos on here,will try to do mine.Hey GOFF you nearly got as many tattoos as me and my mrs,nice one.

I got a lot more - you just can't see them! :lol:

Hi , yes I'm UK, Your mileage 2000 ? , tappets do not need adjusting until 12,000 miles !!! If you go in tinkering with valve clearances yer warranty will be void !!! If you think there's a problem take it back to dealer under warranty, thats what its there for....I had a Cobra on mine, was just to loud and messes up the fueling without a Power Commander or Cobra Fuel management, and £ per power gain it just ain't worth the money..

Hope sun shines soon !!

Cheers

Steve.

Dont worry Steve im not going to tinker with the valve clearances,im going to check and adjust IF needed to the maufactures spec and my warranty will be fine because i wont tell them.Dont no how your going to explain the hole you drilled through your baffles though,thats why i got the cobra back box,my original box is as new so i can pop it back on for when it goes in for service and if they ever start doing emmisions on the MOT.My tappets arnt bad by any means ive just got a trained ear so im going to check them for my own piece of mind.Take care out there mate,its bloody freezing,wish i had heated grips,but summer will be here soon ,right!!!????? Take Care Mate DSL

• 3 weeks later...

I've not had mine for long - only stuck about 250miles on it so far - but I have noticed a bit of top end rattle - I figure I'll mention it to the garage at the first service...

Could well be valve clearences - but adjusting them won't void your warrentee surely?

Anyway - voila! -

RIMG0001-1.jpg

I've not had mine for long - only stuck about 250miles on it so far - but I have noticed a bit of top end rattle - I figure I'll mention it to the garage at the first service...

Could well be valve clearences - but adjusting them won't void your warrentee surely?

Its a V-Twin.... they tend to rattle slightly... mine does. :D

A LOUDER EXHAUST STOPS THE TAPPETS RATTLING HONEST!!!! OCEAN DEPTH BLUE IS DEFINATELY THE BEST COLOUR :D:D:D:D

Nahhhh.... black all the way...... :D

YEAH I MENT BLACK BUT ME COMPUTER HAS GOT THE LETTER C AND K MISSING OFF THE KEYBOARD SO I HAD TO PUT BLUE.I NO YOU WONT BELIEVE ME BUT ITS TRUE HONEST :unsure:

Is yer caps lock permanently stuck on too?? :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online