XS650

Doogle
This post is 5394 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, just joined.

Dont know if anyone can hlp me but Im looking for an XS650 as a project for over winter, preferably fairly complete but open to anything, I say project as funds are a bit limited, been keeping an eye out on ebay and there doesnt seem to be much out there!

Has anyone got one for sale, know of one, parts etc. would be gratefull for any help. My dad had a 650 special US custom and I loved it, now looking to get my own XS.

also posted this here as cant seem to post in the wanted section.

Cheers,

Doug.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if funds are limited I'd say buy a complete bike that just has been stored and is in one piece. Buying a disassembled bike on a budget is a receipe for it to stay in boxes for another few years before you put it ebay as a project.

Custom XS650, together and just need a small amount of TLC to get them going again often come up cheap. Its the early 'roadster' models (XS1-xs650B) that go for the most money.

if funds are limited I'd say buy a complete bike that just has been stored and is in one piece. Buying a disassembled bike on a budget is a receipe for it to stay in boxes for another few years before you put it ebay as a project.

Custom XS650, together and just need a small amount of TLC to get them going again often come up cheap. Its the early 'roadster' models (XS1-xs650B) that go for the most money.

Thanks for that, the 'tatty' needs a bit of TLC but is complete is the sort of thing Im looking for though Im not shy of having to restore something from boxes if needs be. Wheres the best place to look for one?

The 650Bs are lovely bikes but think I do have to set sights lower at the moment. Guess Iv just got to find something now..

depends where you are in the World! Local papers, Internet, forums like this, all the usual places!

i think XS650B is the one too have but money is gonna be big ,

merv

yep 650B would be lovely, anyone want to sell me one for a grand though?? lol!

Im down on the Isle of wight, so local website and papers have nothing, I know of an XS1100 locally but thats all I know of and he wants 2k for it. Ebay, bike trader and this forum are all I know of as best places to look so would be very gratefull if anyone knows of a suitable bike out there.

cheers,

Doug.

Here's my 'B', after several thousand pounds spent on rebuilding it (all work done myself apart from the paint). I've owned it over 15 years now and after the rebuild its was virtually new but I've ridden it over over he place, Europe and the UK since. New parts are too new numerous to list, but start at the con rods and work your way out. I added a boyer electronic ignition a couple of years ago which totally transformed it from a vibratory engine smooth as smooth. If you have a XS650 with points dump them, it will totally transform the engine.

It features on my website www.rexs-speedshop.com

I'll be adding some more pictures to the web site in the new year.

iy05ee.jpg

Here's my 'B', after several thousand pounds spent on rebuilding it (all work done myself apart from the paint).

Excellent bike; are they GUARD Ducks? :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online