86 fz 750

cheetah69
This post is 5251 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i am currently restoring this bike and would like to add a few performance parts, aftermarket header, aggressive cams, etc. i am having difficulty tracking down any parts for this bike and any help would be very much appreciated. in it's stock form the bike ran 11.70's and would love to get it down to a low 11 or possibly a high 10. thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

1st off, an excellent choice for a resto project mate. Spares are getting a bit thin on the ground these days but you could do a lot worse than to register on the FZ750.com forum or the FZ750.net one (if you haven't already ?) where you will find many FZ freaks from all over the world who will be more than willing to offer advice & support concerning your FZ. I have 2, 1 to restore & 1 for spares but will probably restore both ! FZR1000 Genesis barrels, pistons, head, carbs, exhaust & ignition bolted to your FZ bottom end is a good performance upgrade or you could just strip the FZ mill, rebuild & enjoy it for what it is, a damn good bike. :) Personally I would be looking to upgrade the 80's suspension & brakes before improving the bikes performance.

Got any pictures you could post on here ?

Good luck with it, Graham.

Edit; just looked on the FZ750.com forum, you wouldn't be gaz69 on there by any chance would you ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online