tank handles

skyline
This post is 7206 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

im riding an R type bike (no grab rails u gotta hold onto the tank) and its achully bloody hard to hold onto the tank, is there no like 'tank handles' or anything which can be attached so that the pillion can achully hold someone, as i do not trust pillions to hold on tight enough tbh

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

skyline, sorry but what are you on about? what kind of bike is it? dont you mean grab handles on the rear seat panel for a pillion to hold onto? :?

as in like the RR's ie cbr600rr or tzr-r they dont have grab rails and arent designed to have them, the pillion has to hold onto the tank ill show u a pic tomorrow, and basically when the pillion is inexperianced they dont hold on as well :? also its not so much fun for the pillion as they are holding on by there fingertips for the life and not achully inoying the ride :/

but most race reps i know of have grap handles, mostly sculpted into the seat cowl area :? and what they doing holding onto the tank? get their hands round yer waist if there isnt anything else. if it's a bird there are great benefits from doing this 8) :wink: what kind of bike is it you have skyline??

• Admin

I wouldnt even let someone on my bike if they have to hold onto something near the tank as surely they would have to lean over you :shock:

Get some love handles as mentioned if you wanna take a pillion

ive got a honda vfr 400 r and there aint no moldings are nothing in it. i tryed letting them hold onto me but it wears me out a bloodly lot faster and my nuts get screwed on the tank every time i break :/ when they hold onto the tank yes some of the shorter people do lean over me but if anything it makes it safer for the as there center of gravity is alway forward...

is there not a strap on the pillion seat skyline? so what's yer new honda like then, feel free to give us a full report on it 8) :wink:

lol it wasnt directly in the direction of me honda, just in genral on bikes with no grab rails as i ride pillion on a couple more bikes with no grab rail :S :)

so far me hondas great! ill write a full report and get pics asap :)

• Admin

Even though its a Honda im glad youve got yourself a bigger bike rather than playing around on them scooters :wink: Well done mate, safe riding 8)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online