dt 125

garet78
This post is 5271 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What it most likely means is the DT is being dropped from production because of emmisions. TBH i thought it was already dead as far as new bikes are concerned.

The dt was dropped last year i think and replaced with the wr125,

They wont just ban every existing dt already made as thats just mad and it would mean all 2 strokes disapearing off the roads.

The 2 strokes were fased out though because it was easier for maufacturers to make 4strokes and keep then within the emissions easier and cheaper plus it was said 2strokes are worse for the enviroment...

No worries, just imposible to ban a bike as good as a DT any way as there would be 1000's just wasted :huh:

i believe that the existing road legal 2 strokers would grandfather out, just like older cars without smog equip.

although its possible that you could get pulled by a cop if its really smoking bad. until they see that its a 2 stroke.

even older cars in america that are smog exempt still will get a fixit ticket if they are smoking like the car in uncle buck.

i believe that the existing road legal 2 strokers would grandfather out, just like older cars without smog equip.

although its possible that you could get pulled by a cop if its really smoking bad. until they see that its a 2 stroke.

even older cars in america that are smog exempt still will get a fixit ticket if they are smoking like the car in uncle buck.

Your side of the pond the DT never made it past 82 cos of emmisions.

right. but i can still drive mine on the road.

its licensed and insured and all that.

Damn right. I don't think mine are exactly green :D