Need Urgent Help fixing up DT125R 2000 plate

KevShek
This post is 5325 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Ive just aquried a DT125R which needs some work done. Can anyone help with the following.

1) Ive been told that the 2 stroke bottle hasnt been mixing as the bike felt sluggish, the previous decided to premix. Ive stripped it down and found a small black tube disconnected next to the crank case where the 2 stroke bottle goes into. Does this tube fit anywhere? if so where?

dt1.jpg

2)Ive also noticed a disconnected plug, this seems to go to a cable controlled unit which is fitted onto the head, i believe its got something to do with the power valve. Can this remain disconnected?

dt2.jpg

dt3.jpg

3) Finally, the kick start isnt engaging unless you flick the arm over a few times, what do i need to check?

Thanks, kevin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would recomend that you get the plugs sorted out. If the YPVS (Yamaha Power Valve System) aint working, the bike will certainly run sluggis. When you turn the ignitionkey to ON, you should hear the valve operat/rotating back and forth. Should last 1-3 sek.

I belive, the black tube is to be connected to the carburator, as is feeds the 2-stroke oil, to the petrol!

The kick´s internal mecanism is probably worn, and you have to take it apart, to see what parts is worn.

Enjoy the work :-)

PS. Sorry for any incorrect spelling, i´m Danish.

Thanks for the help.

Ive removed the kickstart shaft and the spring has snapped, so i guess i need a new shaft.

Ive found what looks like a small nipple where the carb is, just after the air box. I guess thats where the small tube goes.

Has anyone got a workshop manual for the bike?

i have a dtr 125 2002 model and all is well i could find the same place and parts where you took the pic and take one of mine to you can link A to B ... plus if you have u torrent on your PC or anyother torrent downloading program you should get a manual from www.torrentpond.com

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online