ct1 first-startup questions

Chunkstyle
This post is 5378 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys --

i'm hoping to try firing up the old ct1 175 my son & i have been working on, that i've posted about here a few times

(thanks for the help, by the way!), and i'm such a complete novice regarding motorcycles that i'm not sure how you properly fire one up. i'd like to get all my 'ducks in a row,' so as to avoid stupid mistakes.

here are the things i'm aware of (most, if not all, are probably incredibly basic to you guys):

ignition switch on

petcock open

fuel in tank

look to see if fuel flows down hose to carb (it's a clear hose)

transmission in neutral

tires aired up

choke knob pulled out

oil in gearcase

2-cycle oil in autolube tank

is there anything i'm missing? do you have to have the clutch lever pulled when starting if it's in neutral?

and does the battery under the seat have anything to do with starting, or does it strictly power the lights only?

thank you!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys --

i'm hoping to try firing up the old ct1 175 my son & i have been working on, that i've posted about here a few times

(thanks for the help, by the way!), and i'm such a complete novice regarding motorcycles that i'm not sure how you properly fire one up. i'd like to get all my 'ducks in a row,' so as to avoid stupid mistakes.

here are the things i'm aware of (most, if not all, are probably incredibly basic to you guys):

ignition switch on

petcock open

fuel in tank

look to see if fuel flows down hose to carb (it's a clear hose)

transmission in neutral

tires aired up

choke knob pulled out

oil in gearcase

2-cycle oil in autolube tank

is there anything i'm missing? do you have to have the clutch lever pulled when starting if it's in neutral?

and does the battery under the seat have anything to do with starting, or does it strictly power the lights only?

thank you!

That just about covers it, make sure the kill switch is OFF if it has one, I would be checking it sparks first too.

...Paul

I think the battery wont be needed as it will be for horn / lights / indicators

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online