FZ600 1988 model Exhaust system

wizard5353
This post is 5335 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I was hoping someone here could help. I'm looking for replacement downpipes for a Yamaha FZ600 88 model. I'm having no look finding any at breakers or on fleebay. Does anyone know of a company that stock replacements?

Or failing that is there another make/model that can be converted for use with a 1988 model?

Or as a last resort does anyone know of a metal shop that can fabricate some. Cost is of course a concern. I am toying with buying a secondhand bike and stripping it for parts but I begrudge taking apart a working bike for the sake of a couple of parts. surely it can't be impossible to get hold of an exhaust system even if the bike is 21 years old.

Any help is most welcome

Regards,

-Nick

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The Motad N-Eta system for the pre-diversion XJ600 looks identical to the original Yamaha 4 into 1 system for the FZ600. Is £300+ from a dealer. I managed to get one (downpipes and silencer) direct from Motad for £79 cos the downpipes are chrome and not black (like that bothers me!).

Good Luck

P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online