New to a Tx 750

Golden Eye
This post is 5460 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HELP! I just laid some cash out on a 1973 Tx 750 not knowing what it was. Now that I know, I wish I hadn't! 7900 mi. ( I thought it was a "low mileage" bike, but come to find out that FOR THAT PARTICULAR MODEL, it's HIGH MILEAGE! What MUST I do to keep it running? I'm in the process of having the oil filter cap machined. Bought 2 new mufflers and a used starter button. When i get the oil filter adapter made, I should be good to go. What's next? ANY and ALL information, and/or tips will be appreciated. How soon before she "Blows"!?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello! Hello! Anybody IN THE WORLD have one of these relics, besides myself, that's still running? Hello? What can you tell me about them besides that they were Junk, to help me KEEP this thing running? Hello?

:welcome: goldenE

its a uk based site and we are out playing coz its weekend. I'm sure you'll get some replies soon!

fouind a link to a stoty about the TX

TX 750

Thanks for the link. I read it and it scared the Bejeebers out of me! Fortunately, I do not have to do a complete overhaul. A new pilot jet in the carb is all it needed to get her idling just fine. plus 2 new floats and a battery. She's DONE and Good to Go!