How not to clean a bike

vic-fzr600
This post is 5273 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out this guy.

Decided that best way to clean his chain was to put his bike on the stand, start it, put it into gear then use a rag.

Can you guess whats gonna happen........

My link

I think everybody should have a look at this.

I'm as guilty as most people and chain lube with the bike on the centre stand and running in gear, although I don't use a cloth but spray from an aerosol. From now on I will turn the wheel round by hand.

It's a warning, to be sure,,,,

but I'm not sure the first thing I would think about, after having my fingers ripped apart like that, is "get the camera"..... Bizzar.

One of the best ways to counter 'shock' in the casualty at this kind of 'incident' is to give them a small amount of sugar by way of a warm drink like tea, or if theyre not nausious a little foodstuff.

"Here pal, salt and vinegar crisps, dip in" :blink:

WTF Is wrong with people????

You DO NOT clean a chain with your bike running in fuckin gear!!

Chains were used to kill folk in times gone by so a running chain is gonna do a lot of damage to yer hands (as shown in the link!)

Sprockets have TEETH.................TEETH....................Thats TEETH

TEETH BITE

FFS its just plain LAZY - what a fuckwit :rolleyes:

Get a fuckin shaft drive.......in fact....stay away from motorcycles altogether, and get something that you cannot do yourself any damage with...... like crayons.....

Chains were used to kill folk in times gone by so a running chain is gonna do a lot of damage to yer hands (as shown in the link!)

TEETH BITE

Get a fuckin shaft drive.......in fact....stay away from motorcycles altogether, and get something that you cannot do yourself any damage with...... like crayons.....

:nurse: oor Goff :P

TEETH BITE

Well, I don't know. I always do the spraying down with the engine running in gear (400 which has a chain) but never with anything closer to the chain than about 4 inches. Then shut it down and scrub it off, then start it again and spray on the lube. This of course is always after a 15-20 min ride to warm up the chain first. But never never never touch a moving chain. They use the things to cut down trees!.

get something that you cannot do yourself any damage with...... like crayons.....

I'd have to question that statement.

My missus spent three hours in A&E last week, as one of the Seeds of Satan that she has in her class decided Crayons make a good substitute for a line of coke...... yes it was a boy....... yes he's dad has a bike............ and believe it or not,, the little sh1tbag races Moto-X too......

There is no hope.

Chains make death.

Threshalls, Flails and other assorted medieval English weaponry which I'm looking forward to learning!!!

He was grown up enough to admit his mistake outright. + points.

He took photos while waiting for the Hambulance, possibly as a way of coping. + points.

He did it in the first place. - points.

He posted up so others could learn from his feck-up. + points.

Seen this on a few forums now, loving the replies!

Originally Posted by ks503 View Post

Holy shit. You are one dumb fucker!

Originally Posted by dev1360 View Post

At least I can spell the word BRAKE in my sig.

Originally Posted by ks503 View Post

At least I can type it. LOL

your last post made me think upstart, how did "stumpy" type up his story? other than rather slowly, and with one hand.

i do agree though that he has made a bad situation into a learning experience for others. i have to give him a thumbs up for that.

but i have to know, really,

its a moving part, it has somewhere around 45 crush points, its moving something that is made to have enough torque to go well faster than you could want to go on one wheel. and youre putting your hand near it? whats next in our world? hundreds of caution stickers all over the bike? caution hot! warning electrical shock!, danger flamable!, i would pefer one coverall sticker on the pertol tank.

"your helmet is there to protect your brain. your brain is there to protect the rest of you. USE THEM BOTH!"

(that has become my new mantra by the way. we should all live by it)

Well, at least,(I hope) some good has come out of this poor blokes mishap.

Don't we all make stupid mistakes and learn from them?

His photos will remain in more peoples memories than any Health & Safety brochure.

In reality, in three months time everyone that has viewed the pics will have forgotten them.

He (the casualty) will remember it for the rest of his life.

TEETH BITE

Anybody who makes out as though they have never done some really dumb stuff in life is either full of shit or rarely gets out of bed. It often turns out that they have really done the dumbest things of all.

Anybody who makes out as though they have never done some really dumb stuff in life is either full of shit or rarely gets out of bed. It often turns out that they have really done the dumbest things of all.

Oh dear.

This dude is gonna find out he's criticising the wrong person.

Brace yourselves.... :popcorn:

This post is 5273 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.