YAS1C 1968

Stef-c-
This post is 2972 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi was just wondering if any members have a AS1 as i am about to start restorin mine.

Will be uploading some photos over the weekend and would like to hear from anyone whos got one!

Cheers

Stef

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So glad i posted on this site for no one to reply!

Waste of time!

Nothing like the HOC where everone helps!

So glad i posted on this site for no one to reply!

Waste of time!

Nothing like the HOC where everone helps!

Hang on...that is a pretty rare bike and you asked for other owners SPECIFICALLY to reply, perhaps no one owns one, I for one sure dont and after only a couple of days your attitude seems a bit dummy out of pram. :eusa_boohoo:

'PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE'

Most people are very busy these days,and its getting harder to find the time.

Iam in the process of restoring a '68'AS1 and trying to put a roof over my head,(guess which one is on the back burner).

if ya check my 'topics' out (in my profile) you'll see the start of my project.

More updates to come.

hope you reply with a better attitude so we can talk business.

• 1 month later...

Hi was just wondering if any members have a AS1 as i am about to start restorin mine.

Will be uploading some photos over the weekend and would like to hear from anyone whos got one!

Cheers

Stef

Hi Stef. How did you come by a YAS1C in Scotland lol? The AS1 is rare itself in the UK and the C model (scrambler) even rarer. I live in Scotland too incidentally.

If you check out this website - these guys have restored at least 2 YAS1C models index.php?page=as1-scrambler'>index.php?page=as1-scrambler and the pictures are great. YamaParts based in Sweden

Hey!!! give me a seccond. crap man. Ya I got one on the bench right now... What do you need or want to know about it? That is one bike I have all the answers to.

• 1 year later...

Hey!!! give me a seccond. crap man. Ya I got one on the bench right now... What do you need or want to know about it? That is one bike I have all the answers to.

Hello from belfast, sorry I realise this post is a year old but I have just bought an AS1 and am about to start restoring it, would appreciaite any help.

Cheers

Harry

Guest pertheswede

Hi Everyone,

I have three, yes THREE, recently acquired AS1's and literally a shed load of parts for them including lots of genuine YAMAHA NOS stuff. I shall be restoring one of them and selling the other two and the surplus parts.

I may need some advice on this model once the restoration kicks off but it is well down the pecking order at present as I have about 30 other classic bikes that we are restoring first.

JobLotBikesfrom03-11-2010021.jpg

JobLotBikesfrom03-11-2010023.jpg

JobLotBikesfrom03-11-2010024.jpg

JobLotBikesfrom03-11-2010030.jpg

JobLotBikesfrom03-11-2010036.jpg

JobLotBikesfrom03-11-2010037.jpg

JobLotBikesfrom03-11-2010025.jpg

• 2 years later...

Sweet, we just got our YAS1C back on the road today, had been sitting since 1975, officially rescued, titled and soon back on the road!

IMG_6931_zps6cfab6b1.jpg

IMG_6931_zps6cfab6b1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, new job on the road all the time, don't have much fun online time these days.

And as Paul Harvey used to say, "And now for the rest of the story!" or should I say the best part of the story!

1453678_10152761424691515_941876784_o_zp

I had a incredible moment today. As I have told most of you, the biggest thrill of collecting the vintage bikes is the hunt, and even the better the stories behind the bike.

My buddy Keith, has a sweet little neighbor in her 80, that suffered a mild stroke awhile back and lost her husband some years ago. So Keith kind of keeps an eye out for her.

One day they were talking about an old Yamaha she had out in the Garage and said he had a buddy who might be interested in it. So Deb and I went over and looked at it and saw the potential for complete preservation of this little classic 1969 Yamaha YAS1C.

You could tell she was very sentimentally attached to it and told me how her husband used to ride it all the time and how they used it when they would go camping to get around on.

So she sold it to us with the stipulation that I had to bring it by when we got it running again.

Titling was a challenge as it was lost. So thanks to the help and guidance of another good friend Frances and the Oldham County Clerk's office , we got that taken care of, got her a duplicate and she in turn signed it over to us, so I got tags yesterday.

Now of the good part, today I slipped the boot off long enough to ride it over to her house, ask my buddy Keith to meet me there. So the best part of my day was seeing the excitement and the joy in her face, maybe even a little tear in her eye when she told me her husband would have loved this!

What a sweet lady, and now we have a piece of her history in our collection.

• Like 2

Now for the next project 1972 Yamaha DS7

1481860_10152780118731515_1691698516_o1_

And as Paul Harvey used to say, "And now for the rest of the story!" or should I say the best part of the story!

1453678_10152761424691515_941876784_o_zp

I had a incredible moment today. As I have told most of you, the biggest thrill of collecting the vintage bikes is the hunt, and even the better the stories behind the bike.

My buddy Keith, has a sweet little neighbor in her 80, that suffered a mild stroke awhile back and lost her husband some years ago. So Keith kind of keeps an eye out for her.

One day they were talking about an old Yamaha she had out in the Garage and said he had a buddy who might be interested in it. So Deb and I went over and looked at it and saw the potential for complete preservation of this little classic 1969 Yamaha YAS1C.

You could tell she was very sentimentally attached to it and told me how her husband used to ride it all the time and how they used it when they would go camping to get around on.

So she sold it to us with the stipulation that I had to bring it by when we got it running again.

Titling was a challenge as it was lost. So thanks to the help and guidance of another good friend Frances and the Oldham County Clerk's office , we got that taken care of, got her a duplicate and she in turn signed it over to us, so I got tags yesterday.

Now of the good part, today I slipped the boot off long enough to ride it over to her house, ask my buddy Keith to meet me there. So the best part of my day was seeing the excitement and the joy in her face, maybe even a little tear in her eye when she told me her husband would have loved this!

What a sweet lady, and now we have a piece of her history in our collection.

This is too cool! :thumb: Love the bike and the story!
  • Like 1

Well done mate, see us bikers are all nasty aggressive bastards aren't we? What a nice thing to do and the lady seems genuinely pleased to see the bike, a few happy memories are all it takes to make someone's life worth living.

• Like 1

Seeing that lil tear in her eye, she made my day!

• Like 1

Yeh curt " great story, :eusa_clap: , nice YDS too . it looks mint,, :yeah: . And to think, this thread was started by some ungratefull ass. :whistle:

• Like 2