92 FJ1200 no start after washing

ColoradoParadise
This post is 5467 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well 96000 miles before washing it it must have been pretty mucky :lol::blink:

try spraying eletricals with WD40 to displace any water that has got into the wrong place I:E ignition leads, fuel pump, wiring etc

Merv

Did you just wash with water & Shampoo or did you use a pressure washer, if the latter you have probably got water into one of the electrical connectors, I would strip down all the connectors (Most are behind the fairing & a pain in the arse to get at) clean and spray with a good electrical cleaner/insulator.

You also say that the fuel pump clicks only once, either your carbs are full or the pump is on the way out, try draining some fuel from the carbs and see if the pump will then prime them (Multiple clicks when ignition turned on )

Adam.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree,

WD40 stands for water displacement- 40th try to get it right. i had the same problem with my truck...it took me 2 to 3 weeks to get the water out of all the wrong spots (ie right inside the computer) and dry it out as it happened in the winter here. WD40 was what made the difference on all connections made the difference.

paul

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online