clutch drag on 2009 YZF R125 Yamaha?

BrianP
This post is 5341 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my lad has just got a new yzf r125 yamaha 4 stroke and it seems to be dragging the clutch/stalling after a short run.

It's under warranty but I just wondered what the clutch setup was like and is this a common issue with the 125s?

Are there any tech articles,workshop manuals online or a parts diagram?

I expect it has a central clutch adjustment bolt/locknut on the outer casings, under the fairings?

Any tips on setting up the clutch?

cheers for any help.

Brian.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my lad has just got a new yzf r125 yamaha 4 stroke and it seems to be dragging the clutch/stalling after a short run.

It's under warranty but I just wondered what the clutch setup was like and is this a common issue with the 125s?

Are there any tech articles,workshop manuals online or a parts diagram?

I expect it has a central clutch adjustment bolt/locknut on the outer casings, under the fairings?

Any tips on setting up the clutch?

cheers for any help.

Brian.

I've had the same bike for 6 months and had no issue with the clutch other than a minor adjustment to lever.

I would return it to the dealer as its under warranty.

let us know how you get on!

update:

The bike has been picked up and returned to dealers,(by van), today so will have to wait to find out what they find.

btw... yesterday, after being away for a week, my Son tried the bike and it kept stalling at startup. So the clutch is still dragging.

He is in Singapore for F1 today onwards so hopefully they will have it sorted by his return next week.

Brian .

update:

The bike has been picked up and returned to dealers,(by van), today so will have to wait to find out what they find.

btw... yesterday, after being away for a week, my Son tried the bike and it kept stalling at startup. So the clutch is still dragging.

He is in Singapore for F1 today onwards so hopefully they will have it sorted by his return next week.

Brian .

Which dealer did you get it from out of interest?