frightened

oldtimer
This post is 5483 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well i can honestly say i have never been as frightened! i took my bike in for some work on the alarm and the guy lent me a automatic scooter , i have rode bikes since 1963 but never ridden a scooter before let alone an automatic :o

i will not be riding one again respect to all you young lads and girls but if that was my only alternative to 2 wheels ! i think i will walk. :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well i can honestly say i have never been as frightened! i took my bike in for some work on the alarm and the guy lent me a automatic scooter , i have rode bikes since 1963 but never ridden a scooter before let alone an automatic ohmy.gif

i will not be riding one again respect to all you young lads and girls but if that was my only alternative to 2 wheels ! i think i will walk. laugh.gif

i know exactly where your comming from ,i tried to bank one once ,huh.gif nearly came a cropper when the bloody thing scraped around the corner,cost me £48 ,(alot of money then) to fix,never borrowed one since.

Bloody automatics, four wheels or two they just dont slow down when you let off the gas....

Then you should adjust your riding accordingly, shouldn't you, sonny... :P

I haven't ridden a 'Ped yet, but I have ridden a Honda M50 copy (Jin Cheng) at 45mph(I) on the road.

THAT was seriously worrying - Being sat atop a child-sized bike made from the cheapest parts to an old design and bombing along, knowing that any incident will likely have me somersaulting down the road :blink:

it was good of the garage to lend it me to get home and back, so i suppose i am just ungrateful. :blink:

it just felt so wierd i did not know what to do with my feet. :o you get so use to changing gear and braking,your feet on the foot pegs using the clutch,it was just so alien, i was going to get a taxi home so to find my self on a scooter with leathers on i must have looked pretty funny. :lol:

there is one good outcome to all this i have had a fault with my bike for 6 months where it would just cut out at speed but start again straight away,over the months i had checked everything fuel system, air filters electrics but it would still cut out not all the time sometimes not for days,yamaha wigan and yamaha sale had looked at everything as i had and could not figure it out :unsure: as i am a tight old barsteward and dont like to pay somebody to do what i can do.but needs must.

a small motorcycle dealer in eccles said give it us for a couple of hours and our mechanic will sort it out and sort it out he did it was a fault on the circuit board of the datatool immobiliser which he sorted out and he rewired all my earth point connections while he was at it adjusted my idle and gave the bike a good check over. :D

i have just come back from a run to the lakes and the bike is running better than it has for a long time.the best £80 i have ever spent :lol:

Hey, I was up in the lakes 2 weeks ago.... Pissed it down!!!

As for the scoot - Try putting your feet as far rearward as you can manage, leaning forward over the bars, pulling your hoodie down over your eyes and revving the nuts off it, while texting your mate ;)

what is it they say scooters and fat birds great to ride til you mates find out

we had a little 50 pug here once for my dughter it got me back into biking, must admit it felt very unstable and that was on 12 in wheels, nearly spat me through the local electric shop window when i rode it over a 1" raised kerb. never tried to ride it over a kerb again, white lines were a nightmare!!! and the pits and bumps in the local roads led to a self steering kinda effect

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online