wet riding

Beezkneez
This post is 7238 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well i think we all know my thoughts on riding in the wet, anyway was caught out yesterday in scotchland :wink: so i had over 150miles (circular) rain and grief :cry:

what do you guys reckon is the best way to handle the rain....my method being, mainly back brake and quarter throttle through the corners in a relatively high gear..4th/5th hopefully loading the rear suspension and not the front.

Bazza

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

typical scottish weather :lol: :roll: my key to riding in the wet and winter in general is just do everything the same but way smoother. ride smooth and it's plain sailing 8) not so sure what it'll be like on an fzr1000 but surely the same theory will apply

i did get called Mr Smooth yesterday :wink: or was that Mr Slow :shock: but safe :wink:

what do you guys reckon is the best way to handle the rain....

Keep the garage door shut! 8)

Smooooooth is the key.....ideally never using the brake unless to come to a stop. When you can go for 50 miles through various types of roads without touching a brake, then you're smooth. Stay behind a bike cop and that's what they're like.

Stay smooth and relaxed. Shiny road = slippery road. Work on, as XTreme says, never using your brakes, except to inform following vehicles that you are slowing down. A good rider's brake pads should last over 20,000 miles.

Riding in the wet all the time does have a way of teaching you to be exceptionally Smoooooth :wink: .......Momentum plays a big part of it also

The thing is when you have a car, you tend not ride in the wet!, well I dont.

What the point of diliberately going out to get soaked!, it's diffirent if your allready out and starts raining (well in the UK anyway), then you have to "adjust" your riding techniqe there n then, plus get soaked.

i did get called Mr Smooth yesterday :wink:  or was that Mr Slow :shock:  but safe  :wink:

Smooth and slow does it for me :wink: :lol:

The thing is when you have a car, you tend not ride in the wet!, well I dont.

What the point of diliberately going out to get soaked!

The point is that you become a far better rider from it :wink: ....especially if you're staying nice & dry inside a Frank Thomas Aqua rainsuit.....like me :D

Dont get me wrong Yamhead, Iv'e only been drivin' cars for 7 years the rest are on bike's.

Iv'e had my fair share of getn soaked and still do, if I'm out and get cought out, I aggree it makes you a better rider.

What I'm sayin' is, for me (and quite alot of others too, and maybe you too) the bike and car are sittin' beside each other in the drive.

Now if it's pourin' you look outside and say "will I take the car or the bike".

You'd be stupid to take the bike, unless of course the cars not goin', buts this is just my opinion.

I prefer to take the car if it's raining. I rode for 15 years all weathers and the result is if I get wet now I feel like I have the body of a 90 year old!

I prefer to take the car if it's raining. I rode for 15 years all weathers and the result is if I get wet now I feel like I have the body of a 90 year old!

Thats exactly what I mean, youv'e obviously been ridin' as long as me and know what I mean.

Well then again you must have started in the late 80's, well I'm 10 yrs before you again.

Sometimes I still take my bike tho even if it's raining cos sitting in traffic gives me RAGE! :evil:

Sometimes I still take my bike tho even if it's raining cos sitting in traffic gives me RAGE!  :evil:

Too Right!.......My patience wears thin when the traffic stops! :evil:

The time we got to worry is when all the idiot car drivers start wearing floppy ears!  :lol:

and tails :wink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online