help please

stinkysanchez69
This post is 5351 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i need to know if i have to pre mix my fuel and if so what ratio and pics of fuel system would be aprecciated not used to this bike i just put staight gas in it and need to know if i need to drain it and add mixed fuel instead plus my bike seems to run when choke is full open and as soon as i shut it down my bike stalls out help is really apreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i need to know if i have to pre mix my fuel and if so what ratio and pics of fuel system would be aprecciated not used to this bike i just put staight gas in it and need to know if i need to drain it and add mixed fuel instead plus my bike seems to run when choke is full open and as soon as i shut it down my bike stalls out help is really apreciated

please help boys and ladies cause i am getting stressed i don't want to f@#$k up my classic i just want it to run

ok first off, lets find out something (anythig) about yer bike.

does it have an oil tank? it would be on one side or the other, under the seat. has a bubble on it to show oil level. also, the cap is under the seat.

if you dont have an oil tank, and its a 2 stroke, you need to premix.

since you said that its a dt, im going to figure that it has an oil tank.

the next thing to find out is if the tank has a pump or if it draws the oil via the carb vaccuum.

if your throttle cable splits and one goes into the carb and the other into the engine, usually on the right side, than it has a pump.

you need to make sure that the pump is working properly. if you need to find that out, im not the guy. as i have never done that. but if you ask here somebody will answer.

as for the choke issue

take apart the carbs and clean them. somethings gunked up in there and its probably running lean (too much air vs fuel)

pulling out the choke richens the mixture.

cleaning the carb will allow air to flow where it should and fuel to flow where it should, making your mixture more accurate.also the air/fuel screw on the carb, the smaller one. gently turn it in till it gently seats then back it out 1 1/2 turns. that will make sure that your idle mix is correct.

your bike will have a two stroke oil tank behind the right side panel, check its there and that theres oil in it.

to check the oil pump is functioning

remove the oil pump cover (front right side of engine )

remove the oil pipe from the carb ( front right side of carb)

start the engine and twist the oil pump pulley round to its full extent and hold it there

you should now see 'pulses' of oil coming out the end of the pipe that attaches to the carb.

As for the 'wont run without choke', like dave says...strip and clean the carb, pay particular attention to the pilot jet.

Paul

your bike will have a two stroke oil tank behind the right side panel, check its there and that theres oil in it.

to check the oil pump is functioning

remove the oil pump cover (front right side of engine )

remove the oil pipe from the carb ( front right side of carb)

start the engine and twist the oil pump pulley round to its full extent and hold it there

you should now see 'pulses' of oil coming out the end of the pipe that attaches to the carb.

As for the 'wont run without choke', like dave says...strip and clean the carb, pay particular attention to the pilot jet.

Paul

thanks guys but no i have no oil tank that is what is cofusing me and i have two lines going from carb to oil pump is that correct? one line is bigger than the other do i just mix the fuel in the tank then you guys rock thanks

thanks guys but no i have no oil tank that is what is cofusing me and i have two lines going from carb to oil pump is that correct? one line is bigger than the other do i just mix the fuel in the tank then you guys rock thanks

There is only one connection from the oil pump to the carb, shown here

Copy3of100_0652.jpg

The biggest pipe on the oil pump is the supply from the oil tank. (which is missing)

its your call whether you pre mix or try to re instate the auto lube system.

There is only one connection from the oil pump to the carb, shown here

Copy3of100_0652.jpg

The biggest pipe on the oil pump is the supply from the oil tank. (which is missing)

its your call whether you pre mix or try to re instate the auto lube system.

thanks mate awesome k so the over flow does not hook up to the big oil line right and if i don't have a tank then i should premix and dissconect the small line and big line? See my bike fired up for a while yesturday but then conked out but i had the big line from the pump to the over flow that is the way it was when i bought it but that line goes to a missing oil rez is that correct? Also is it okay just to pre mix and leave lines off pump for now?

Thanks guys i had the bike going for i bit

i still seem to have a choke issue can i get a pic of the choke switch please mine is broken it pulls in and out but when it springs in thats when it stalls out and when i pull it all the way out holding it with vice grips it runs :(i need to buy a new choke but want to see a pick of it if i can please

thanks again :)

thanks mate awesome k so the over flow does not hook up to the big oil line right and if i don't have a tank then i should premix and dissconect the small line and big line? See my bike fired up for a while yesturday but then conked out but i had the big line from the pump to the over flow that is the way it was when i bought it but that line goes to a missing oil rez is that correct? Also is it okay just to pre mix and leave lines off pump for now?

Thanks guys i had the bike going for i bit

i still seem to have a choke issue can i get a pic of the choke switch please mine is broken it pulls in and out but when it springs in thats when it stalls out and when i pull it all the way out holding it with vice grips it runs :(i need to buy a new choke but want to see a pick of it if i can please

thanks again :)

If you are running without a autolube system then the small pipe to the carb would just be suppling air AFTER the carb venturi (where the fuel is mixed) which will massively lean out the mixture hence the need for choke.

Blank it properly, you want to make sure it its sealed and that whatever you use as a plug cannot accidentally get drawn into the motor.

Then she should run off choke.

If you are running without a autolube system then the small pipe to the carb would just be suppling air AFTER the carb venturi (where the fuel is mixed) which will massively lean out the mixture hence the need for choke.

Blank it properly, you want to make sure it its sealed and that whatever you use as a plug cannot accidentally get drawn into the motor.

Then she should run off choke.

oh you rock thanks man is 20:1 ok ratio

Leave a little of the tubing on the carb oil spigot and shove a 3mm machine screw screw in the cut end, use a little silicone gasket on the screw thread to bind and seal.

here are some pics of the choke you wanted

100_1146.jpg

100_1144.jpg

20:1 will make lots of smoke, I would use a little less 25:1 or 30:1

Leave a little of the tubing on the carb oil spigot and shove a 3mm machine screw screw in the cut end, use a little silicone gasket on the screw thread to bind and seal.

here are some pics of the choke you wanted

100_1146.jpg

100_1144.jpg

20:1 will make lots of smoke, I would use a little less 25:1 or 30:1

thanks so much could you please show a pic of the other side of the carb please i think there is a screw missing just above the pot

Left side showing throttle stop and mixture screws.

Copyof100_0685.jpg

k what is that knob above the pot i don't have it it is missing is that my problem and choke knob is broken but it does not lock open i have to hold it with vise grips haha! anyway that other knob is it important? like i said it is missing may aswell bye a new one lol

k what is that knob above the pot i don't have it it is missing is that my problem and choke knob is broken but it does not lock open i have to hold it with vise grips haha! anyway that other knob is it important? like i said it is missing may aswell bye a new one lol

Yep, that other 'knob' is essential, it's the throttle stop screw and is used to achieve an idle when the engine is started, I think your best bet now would be to watch out for a decent carb on ebay or such like.

Yep, that other 'knob' is essential, it's the throttle stop screw and is used to achieve an idle when the engine is started, I think your best bet now would be to watch out for a decent carb on ebay or such like.

ok boys here goes just not sure how many mil oil to add to 3liters of gas

i figure 75 mil would be close

Whats wrong with working it out properly? Struth its cheaper than rebuilding the motor, :huh:

30-1 = 30 parts fuel to 1 oil

3000ml (3L) fuel will need 100ml of oil.

Whats wrong with working it out properly? Struth its cheaper than rebuilding the motor, :huh:

thanks mate thats what i did was a hundred mill the bike is running now just having float issues but i got that figured out the only odd thing is that it stalls out when choke is closed but runs when open hmmm confusing the carb is very clean and everything but not sure why it is doing that

thank you cynic, for pointing out what a useful organ the brain can be when used properly ;)