1987 XT 225 Serow wiring diagram needed.

This post is 5367 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone point me towards a wiring diagram for a 1987 XT 225, please?

I have a Haynes manual that covers 1989 onwards but the wiring is different. The first two years, '87 & 88, I believe, were kickstart only and the CDI had only six wires, later ones in the manual have starters and nine wires out of the CDI. I have had to replace the CDI with a modern unit and I tried to match wire colours, new with old, but it is apparently not that simple. Just to make things difficult, my bike is a Japanese grey import.

After I get it running properly my first modification is to fit a big soft saddle to better fit my anatomy, twenty road miles is awful on the hard knobby tyres. Trials universals look like a good softener, too. :shrug:

Thanks for reading this,

John

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi breakfree.I ´ll try to find the wiring for you. By the meantime, these people may help you.

http://www.xt225.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm

Good evening Mr YamaGod, Sir.

Many thanks for your help. I joined the American forum you suggested and await my confirmation. Coincidentally, I'm off to see relatives in Montana in a few weeks and when I get amongst the trails that surround their town in the Rocky Mountains, will no doubt be devastated that my Serow is back home in Yorkshire. I wonder if a rented people carrier will be any good on the dirt!

Just looking through the American pictures is enough to get me thinking about emigration. I wonder if my wife would mind. As long as I don't send my washing back home to her, I guess she'd keep in touch.

TTFN

John

Apart from my Yamaha.......

http://hoits.smugmug.com/Classic-Trials/Il...155319311_BoRWM

I sent you a PM, breakfree.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online