MotorBike Trivia....

YamaHead
This post is 7241 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Why don't we find out just how many Forum Members, are truly dedicated to this sport :?:

1st Misc. Trivia question:

In the movie "The Great Escape" starring Steve McQueen, Who actually did the famous fence jump & on What make of bike :?:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the jump was done by bud elkins scott(a friend of mcqueens) 8) mcqueen was riding in the film but as one of the german soldiers in the chase. the bike......a triumph of some sorts......a triumph trophy?

Bud Ekins is an old man with a cane now :( ......but he's had quite a career in the bike industry.....Racer, Collector, Historian & long time riding partner to McQueen.....Both of them used to race Triumphs in the Desert 8)

I think Bud was with Steve during his last days.....riding bikes down in Mexico before Steve died from cancer :cry:

Right Again Alan!.......Maybe I should just PM you with these questions?! :lol::lol:

I'll just have to dig a bit deeper for Trivial questions.....especially with my fellow Mullet-Sportin' RD Junkie around :wink: :D

Right Again Alan!.......Maybe I should just PM you with these questions?! :lol:  :lol:

I'll just have to dig a bit deeper for Trivial questions.....especially with my fellow Mullet-Sportin' RD Junkie around :wink:  :D

:wink: 8) :lol: i read alot of books on bikes, racing, and racers mate, esp stuff regarding the tt 8) the coolest race on earth 8)

:wink:  8)  :lol:  i read alot of books on bikes, racing, and racers mate, esp stuff regarding the tt 8)  the coolest race on earth 8)

Gotta agree with ya there mate :wink: .....been toying with the idea of going to see it on the 100th anniversary in 2007, I believe it is? aa_3.gif.........got to be 1 Helluva party going on that year :wink: 8)

OK....here's a question!

In the dreadful 79/80 bike movie "Silver Dream Racer" starring David Essex.....WHO was the racer who actually rode the bike in the film as David Essex's character? Got killed racing a couple of years later BTW.

The final scene where the main character gets killed was really funny.

It was so obviously a badly made rubber dummy....reminded me of the rubber shark in the original Batman movie in 66. :lol:

It was so obviously a badly made rubber dummy....reminded me of the rubber shark in the original Batman movie in 66.  :lol:

That I remember.......the scene where he & Robin are surfing, & Batman breaks out his trusty "Shark Repellent" :roll: from his Bat-Utility Belt :lol::lol:

i dont know this one, my dad cant remember but the surname potts or potter is in his mind :? he was sure the guy raced commandos at some point which makes me think dave potter, he raced them and also died round about the time you said :?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online