thundercat probs

eagle56
This post is 5364 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

just bought a cat with 45k the gears have a whine in 3rd is this norm and for some reason the choke is not working properly, I can put it full on and the engine cuts out part on and it does nothing.

Its anoying that I have to rev it till it can tick over on its own is there an obvious reason for this.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

just bought a cat with 45k the gears have a whine in 3rd is this norm and for some reason the choke is not working properly, I can put it full on and the engine cuts out part on and it does nothing.

Its anoying that I have to rev it till it can tick over on its own is there an obvious reason for this.

The whine could be a sign 3rd gear is getting tired-dont nail it too hard in this gear. thundercats dont have the best reputation for lower gear strength.

Your choke is probably normal; you have to find the best position between full on and off. Mine is like this. Check that your tickover is 12-1300.

The whine could be a sign 3rd gear is getting tired-dont nail it too hard in this gear. thundercats dont have the best reputation for lower gear strength.

Your choke is probably normal; you have to find the best position between full on and off. Mine is like this. Check that your tickover is 12-1300.

tick over is a a bit slow the bike returns 60 mpg if not thrashed so there can not be much wrong.

one other thing is there is a lot of slack take up through the gears any suggestions

thanks

steve

tick over is a a bit slow the bike returns 60 mpg if not thrashed so there can not be much wrong.

one other thing is there is a lot of slack take up through the gears any suggestions

thanks

steve

The slack could just be a worn gear linkage; this might be because of your highish mileage. Try taking up any slack with the adjusting bar between lever and gear change shaft. Your chain should be adjusted correctly as this could also be a symptom of lots of 'slack'; clutch also

Hi

My cat is the same as yours regarding the gear box. I have adjusted allsorts and it sometimes is a bit slack other times it's ok. Gotta love the cat. Have you checked your choke cable isn't stretched.

ADE

Hi

My cat is the same as yours regarding the gear box. I have adjusted allsorts and it sometimes is a bit slack other times it's ok. Gotta love the cat. Have you checked your choke cable isn't stretched.

ADE

Thats good to know.

great engine leans a bit to forward for me, Im trying to get used to it, big difference to my Fatboy and K75rt.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online