help. brakes wont bleed

fzr steve
This post is 5380 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I,m presuming you haven,t got a leak anywhere? Is the master cylinder OK? Just overhauled the brakes on my FZR recently (new discs, pads, hoses). Took ages to build up pressure. Kept pumping (plenty of air bubbles came up through the reservoir), eventually built up enough pressure to bleed the remainder of the air through the nipples. Patience is the key!..... Hope this helps.

hi all, have just overhauled the front calipers on my fzr600r and have spent the last 3 hours trying to bleed them but no success , has anyone any ideas as to why they wont bleed. thanks

hi fella , sometimes if you back bleed the brakes to moisten the rubbers on first application then re beed as normal you may find sucess.try using a syringe with pipe to attach to bleed nipple best of luck !

I,m presuming you haven,t got a leak anywhere? Is the master cylinder OK? Just overhauled the brakes on my FZR recently (new discs, pads, hoses). Took ages to build up pressure. Kept pumping (plenty of air bubbles came up through the reservoir), eventually built up enough pressure to bleed the remainder of the air through the nipples. Patience is the key!..... Hope this helps.

no leaks mate , master cylinder ok just have to persevere with it cheers

hi fella , sometimes if you back bleed the brakes to moisten the rubbers on first application then re beed as normal you may find sucess.try using a syringe with pipe to attach to bleed nipple best of luck !

many thanks will give it a go

try clamping the pipe that is leading to the opposite caliper up near the top, i had a problem like this before and it seemed to work.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online