DT125 2005 VERY soft front suspension

This post is 5397 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi again,

Can anybody tell me the best way and easiest way to check or replace the oil in my front forks on my DT 125 as the suspension is vey soft and bottoms on grids etc.

Can someone recommend a suitable oil to put in them,im 6ft and around 80kg so im not massive but dont want an oil that will make it to hard at the front end.

Thanks for any help.

Carl

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi again,

Can anybody tell me the best way and easiest way to check or replace the oil in my front forks on my DT 125 as the suspension is vey soft and bottoms on grids etc.

Can someone recommend a suitable oil to put in them,im 6ft and around 80kg so im not massive but dont want an oil that will make it to hard at the front end.

Thanks for any help.

Carl

Anybody

is there a bleed screw on the bottom of the fork legs? if so get the bike up on a stand toget the front wheel clear of the ground then unscrew them, remove the top nuts(slowly-big spring in there) and let the oil drain out. refit screws and fill with the correct amount of oil(dont know the spec or amount for your bike) if it is still too soft then add a little more oil to them(equal amounts) AIR COMPRESSES MORE THAN OIL = MORE OIL LESS AIR=HARDER FORKS

if there are no blead scews then you need to remove the forks, remove the top nut(slacken it first before unclamping the forks) and do them as above.

if you are taking them off then put new fork seals in at the same time this may save you doing them in six months or so.

good luck ;)

is there a bleed screw on the bottom of the fork legs? if so get the bike up on a stand toget the front wheel clear of the ground then unscrew them, remove the top nuts(slowly-big spring in there) and let the oil drain out. refit screws and fill with the correct amount of oil(dont know the spec or amount for your bike) if it is still too soft then add a little more oil to them(equal amounts) AIR COMPRESSES MORE THAN OIL = MORE OIL LESS AIR=HARDER FORKS

if there are no blead scews then you need to remove the forks, remove the top nut(slacken it first before unclamping the forks) and do them as above.

if you are taking them off then put new fork seals in at the same time this may save you doing them in six months or so.

good luck ;)

Thanks for that,ill have a look in the morning.