Looking for an 18" front wheel that will fit an XS1100

bgrubb7
This post is 5552 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've got an '81 XS1100 chopper project that I'm working on. Right now it's got the stock 17" rear and 19" front. The problem is that I want to go with Whitewalls on this bike and Whitewalls in those sizes are next to impossible to find. 16" and 18" are everywhere. I can swap out the rear with a 16" from a XS11 Special and solve that problem. As far as I can see all the XS11's and XJ's had a 19" front. Did any of the smaller XS (650s, 750s, etc) have an 18" in the same XS mag style that would swap out?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Xs250/400 and Rd250/400 has 18" fronts, came standard with 300/18 tyres i used to run 360/18.s on em

as seen here on my mate Pauls 400e, they will take a double disc and i have one in my shed that can come your way for a few beer tokens if you are in the uk

rd400.JPG

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that looks like it would fit the bill. Same style of mag as my 1100. I'm in the US, so I doubt beer for wheel swap would work :unsure: I guess I need to finish filling in my profile.

I do have a good cycle salvage close to home, and I'll check if they have one. I assume all of the 650 and 750 mags were 19" fronts?

Yes i think the bigger bikes had 19" wheels not sure though but you will need a Rd400f daytona wheel i think only thing i

did think of after was the bearings maybe too small for your spindle, but it will fit with some mods i reckon,

merv

Yes, I ended up finding some more info on XS11.com All 650s through 1100s had the 19" front with a 17mm axle. The 400s had a 18" front with a 15mm axle. So I would need a 1mm spacer or it looks like there may be a bearing that was used on some Suzukis that has the same outer diameter as my XS11 forks, but has a 15mm inner diameter. I haven't tracked down that part number yet, but I will post it if I find it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online