The price of beer

DirtyDT
This post is 5559 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

I was wandering around Tesco's earlier. It was nice to stand by the fridges to keep cool. Anyway, as I was shopping for food I decided to go down my favorite aisle. I saw the following and took a picture with my phone. Is it just me !!!!

elh.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi All,

I was wandering around Tesco's earlier. It was nice to stand by the fridges to keep cool. Anyway, as I was shopping for food I decided to go down my favorite aisle. I saw the following and took a picture with my phone. Is it just me !!!!

elh.jpg

Shrewd bit of marketing that is, no wonder Tescos are rolling the cash in, its all down to us lot being a little bit dim (nice...but dim!)

:lol:

Do you think on the receipt under total savings it'd say -£1?

I don't know. I brought 8 Tetley Smoothflow.

Shrewd bit of marketing that is, no wonder Tescos are rolling the cash in, its all down to us lot being a little bit dim (nice...but dim!)

:lol:

Yes OG but remember.................................Every Little Helps.

BTW Tesco's turnover last year was £52bn; pre-tax profits £2.8bn. Staggering.

BTW Tesco's turnover last year was £52bn; pre-tax profits £2.8bn. Staggering.

the end bit of the sentence is what theyre hoping for when you go into the store :)

you should go back and tell the Lithuanian manager that you've taken pics and will contact the office of fair trading, News of the world, and his head office, two for the price of silence-me thinks ;)

you should go back and tell the Lithuanian manager that you've taken pics and will contact the office of fair trading, News of the world, and his head office, two for the price of silence-me thinks ;)

Hi Big Yin,

I can't be a*sed. They do some good prices but I have a "Bargain Booze" shop at the bottom of the road. Very good deals there. Not that I drink much you understand.

Hi Big Yin,

I can't be a*sed. They do some good prices but I have a "Bargain Booze" shop at the bottom of the road. Very good deals there. Not that I drink much you understand.

I understand, what about e-mailing the store from the comfort of your backside?, a little effort goes a long way, they have delivery vans-they could even bring your 'good-will-gift to your door, tell em your agorophobic occasionaly :)

Nahh dont say that, the Lithuanian manager might think you wont be up for the fight so will ignore you!!

Yep Agro phobic = against Agro

I will let all the bargain hunters get that "special" deal. I will just sit in the sun, have a ciggie and wait whilst my beers chill down. The Tesco's is within walking distance but if God had wanted us to walk, he would not of invented Bikes.

Hi All,

elh.jpg

hmmm

just a thought where the other beers in the offer also @ £7 for 8 cans which may indicate not to by the Boddies (which would = £6 bounced to £7 but who's worried where I come from we all drink cider as we are 'wurzels'

Regards Jim

Nahh dont say that, the Lithuanian manager might think you wont be up for the fight so will ignore you!!

good point auld yin, however, with the world gone PC (political correctness, not the other kind) mad, if you have a disability of any kind -people must do exactly what you say!, or they could get 'under arrested', he wouldnt want deported now, would he, :mellow:

hmmm

just a thought where the other beers in the offer also @ £7 for 8 cans which may indicate not to by the Boddies (which would = £6 bounced to £7 but who's worried where I come from we all drink cider as we are 'wurzels'

Regards Jim

hey Jimbo hows it hangin?, Cider-its not big and its not clever, but it sure is cheap, and it makes you grin/gurn :farmerjohn: , I like the pear stuff now and again,it be gert lush arrhh, I dont like the cans tho' its scary how shiny the inside is, I'm sure that stuff is caustic, maybe I should try it on my down-pipes :idea:

hmmm

Regards Jim

I don't know Jim May be

If I drink scrumpy my legs stop working. Then I need to have a wee and I am in big trouble.

hey Jimbo hows it hangin?, Cider-its not big and its not clever, but it sure is cheap, and it makes you grin/gurn :farmerjohn: , I like the pear stuff now and again,it be gert lush arrhh, I dont like the cans tho' its scary how shiny the inside is, I'm sure that stuff is caustic, maybe I should try it on my down-pipes :idea:

I'm Fine !!!

cider is big & clever !!! :lol: I live within a few miles of where strongbow is grown ... so I guess I have to support local industry but I would guess Perry (pear cider) is some what cheaper and as you say quite nice to the palete ... I guess you need to come south & try some of the green stuff that's produced in the micro presses of Hereford/Worcestershire but tbh you will need a taxi to get home !

Regards Jim

I don't know Jim May be

If I drink scrumpy my legs stop working. Then I need to have a wee and I am in big trouble.

Scrumpy is top gear too! :thumb:

I don't know Jim May be

Read the post above .... unless some one adds a post b4 I can write this one

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online