Whats the difference?

vic-fzr600
This post is 5463 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all.

Was looking on ebay for parts for my 3HE FZR600.

A vendor has what i'm looking for but says its for a 3TJ model.

Whats the difference between these? Listing states the right year for my bike, but the Yamaha part number given for reference only starts 3TJ.

All help greatly appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Vic

do you have a parts list for your bike ??? if so check that, but what happens is that yamaha change model designations every year but very often the old parts/part numbers are still used, and the updated parts get the new numbers

some of the last 1970/80 Rd,s were still using parts fitted to the old YR5/DS7 in the engines and they had the same part numbers all the way through

Merv

Unfortunately I dont have a parts list.

Its a voltage regulator i'm after (non-genuine from Taiwan).

The seller has a list of bikes which it'll suit (apparently) including FZR600 1990-1993 which should include my 3HE.

But then they list (for reference) the Yamaha part number which begins 3TJ.

Am hopeful it'd be ok, but thought i'd ask for second opinion as unsure of 3TJ/3HE differences. Have bought genuine used ones off ebay before only for them to be wrong/broken.

Vic

do you have a parts list for your bike ??? if so check that, but what happens is that yamaha change model designations every year but very often the old parts/part numbers are still used, and the updated parts get the new numbers

some of the last 1970/80 Rd,s were still using parts fitted to the old YR5/DS7 in the engines and they had the same part numbers all the way through

Merv

Ha Ha thats made me think of Land Rover, they take the medal for this kind of stuff. The V8 that goes into the export defenders (non european) can SHARE parts with the original Stage one V8Land rover from the seventies. Even the Rover P6 come to that. And as for the body parts...............

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online