spark plug cap type?

cegan09
This post is 5560 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

so I recently got parts in to fix my carb problems, only to learn i now have spark issues. One coil is dead and the other going. I want to replace the whole spark system, however can't find what kind of caps to get. I threw a multimeter on the existing caps and got a 9.x kohm reading, so i think they are 10k resistive caps, can anyone confirm this? Would there be any benifit to going with a different cap? Bike is a 76 XS500.

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

dunno but i always use non resistor caps on my Rd,s interferes with the telly a bit but i am not watching it when i am riding the bike andi do not trust resistor plugs either they do not seem too last very long

merv

I just got non resistor caps, didn't seem to make any difference to performance, but are black and look nicer!!

thanks guys. I'm headed to the local shop after work since i need plugs, i'll ssee if they have caps too.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online