xvs 125 mess

Paulwhite
This post is 5437 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all I'm the proud owner of a 2004 xvs 125 drag star that has a knackerd engine! : (

a selection of the parts have covered less than 50 miles (as i spent 600 quid on new parts then the engine went bang)

now to the point.... what should i do with it?

i could sell it but id have to sell it without an engine

i could strip it and flog the parts but id have spare parts left over

or i could build something using the parts and just get hold of an engine

just to let you know it cost me £4000 brand new, and iv spent another £1000 fixing it!

so I'm wanting at least £700 for it plus i owe my m8 £200 for finding out what went bang, and storage.

so as you can see I'm a bit stumped with what to do.... :blink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi all I'm the proud owner of a 2004 xvs 125 drag star that has a knackerd engine! : (

a selection of the parts have covered less than 50 miles (as i spent 600 quid on new parts then the engine went bang)

now to the point.... what should i do with it?

i could sell it but id have to sell it without an engine

i could strip it and flog the parts but id have spare parts left over

or i could build something using the parts and just get hold of an engine

just to let you know it cost me £4000 brand new, and iv spent another £1000 fixing it!

so I'm wanting at least £700 for it plus i owe my m8 £200 for finding out what went bang, and storage.

so as you can see I'm a bit stumped with what to do.... :blink:

Ok, if you want to sell it, I would recommend stripping the bugger to pieces and selling them individually, that or sell it as spares or repairs on ebay, that way you can shift it in one go.

Otherwise, find out what the hell went wrong and fix it. As long as it's just the engine, you should be able to - at a stretch get ahold of a new engine, then you can just swap them over and fix the old one in your spare time.

What is actually wrong with it?

the 3 washers in between the con rods on the crank have disintegrated and one of the con rods needs replacing as it has about 1mm of play, plus the bearings are worn so il need new ones .....basicaly a whole new crank, bearing and con rods..

£400 to get it repaired and the engine put back together not including the bearings and gaskets

or £400 just for the crank + con rods at the dealer

and this is all due to the oil ....well.... lack of

so in total im looking at £700 which i dont have :blink: