How dry is Kiln dried sand?

DirtyDT
This post is 5429 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is a rhetorical question cos it's wet as a British Summer :angry:

Got some kiln dried sand today. It was so wet that it left a damp patch in my car (Fnarr!).

I am baking it now. (200 degrees for 30 mins, turning once ;) )

I think that I may also need to get a bigger compressor or another one to run in tandem.

Rant over.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This is a rhetorical question cos it's wet as a British Summer :angry:

Got some kiln dried sand today. It was so wet that it left a damp patch in my car (Fnarr!).

I am baking it now. (200 degrees for 30 mins, turning once ;) )

I think that I may also need to get a bigger compressor or another one to run in tandem.

Rant over.

Thats sh1t, the builderes any builders merchant worth their salt would be storing that indoors, you should have taken it back...after all you paid a premium price for that and now youre paying more. It should be a free flowing powder.

It was outside. I got it from Homebase. The other half was getting some flowers and stuff so I picked it up whilst I was there. You can make sandcastles with it, it is that wet. I am drying some now in the garden as it is nice and hot. Turning it every once in a while and it is getting there. I did put it in the oven to start with :mellow:

It was outside. I got it from Homebase. The other half was getting some flowers and stuff so I picked it up whilst I was there. You can make sandcastles with it, it is that wet. I am drying some now in the garden as it is nice and hot. Turning it every once in a while and it is getting there. I did put it in the oven to start with :mellow:

The other half was getting some flowers and stuff !!

I knew it, you wont get into the shed again, it'll be stuffed with geraniums and tomatoe plants shortly

you should have hidden the key :lol:

The other half was getting some flowers and stuff !!

I knew it, you wont get into the shed again, it'll be stuffed with geraniums and tomatoe plants shortly

you should have hidden the key :lol:

Ahhhhh Noooooo. She got me a shed, Just for me. Can you see the window in the top?

coffin.png

She did mention something about sending me flowers!!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online