spondon rd500

notorious
This post is 5563 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i have been offered a spondon framed rd500 it is in good condition with a newly rebuilt motor(ex gp mechanic)

not on the road and a practically finished project very little left just silly little things. it built with all the best bits a 1985 bike could have had at the time all refurbed.

my question is how much do you think its worth ( ball park ) dont want to pay over the odds just cause its gorgeous :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi i have been offered a spondon framed rd500 it is in good condition with a newly rebuilt motor(ex gp mechanic)

not on the road and a practically finished project very little left just silly little things. it built with all the best bits a 1985 bike could have had at the time all refurbed.

my question is how much do you think its worth ( ball park ) dont want to pay over the odds just cause its gorgeous :D

Hi,

it's a classic and perhaps it would be difficult to add a value to it but a good one you will never loose money

Regards Jim

dont touch it with a barge pole!!!

give me the guys number and i'll tell him you dont want it :D

as jimr says you cant really lose money on it

good luck

yeah i know its a keeper but how much do you think it's worth lol

looking on ebay there is a tzr reverse cyl with a 500 motor( looks like a nice job too) at about £2000

as i know this bike has done no road miles since rebuild am i looking at between 2 and 3 grand too?

i really dont know lol its priceless to me but dont wanna end up too skint to finish it and enjoy it :blink:

what would you guys be willing to pay?

looking on ebay there is a tzr reverse cyl with a 500 motor( looks like a nice job too) at about £2000

as i know this bike has done no road miles since rebuild am i looking at between 2 and 3 grand too?

i really dont know lol its priceless to me but dont wanna end up too skint to finish it and enjoy it :blink:

what would you guys be willing to pay?

Well it's very emotive .... have a look at this http://www.bikegirl.co.uk/forum/forum_post...D=2418&PN=1 as a guide I think I would be happy with the price of this one

Regards Jim

i'm going to start the bidding at 2800 and go from there i think around 3500 is probably as high as i'll go.

but if anyone can add any good ideas let me know.

Hi,

I guess you may get it at that money unless it gets pulled from the auction site. Remeber those V4's were limited in production and did require some difficult service so its value will increase ... as long as you don't ride it to much and let it live in the living room ..... In my area a bike I sold in 85 is still sat in the front room never ridden and is original 100% I would guess the relations of this fella will have a good wind fall when he's gone !!! sounds morbid but that is the only way to treat such an 'oddball' bike

Regards Jim

its not on any auction site he' only offered it to me as we're both two stroke nuts lol if i dont buy it he's going to just keep it locked in his mates shed gathering dust lol.

Hi,

the thing to do is just buy it .. as I said b4 you will not loose money ... I guess its just down to if you can afford it and allow the machine to increase in value which may be medium to long term. But if your into ridding the bike about a bit care should be taken on the price paid as ridding the bike may have some detriment on its value in the future. In a nutshell if you can afford to buy it & not use it too much you will be rewarded in the future.

Regards Jim

thanks for the advice thats what i intend to do and just sit on it for a few years and love and hug it lol

oh I did read it right .... your not going to make love to it :lol::lol: but if you do watch the cylinder 3 exhaust its got teeth :lol::lol:

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online