Don't you just love tools??

DirtyDT
This post is 5568 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have been trying to get a sand blaster and have been scouring Aldi's for one like OG's. Can find one anywhere and did not want to ring.

Lo and behold... Look what my better half brought me.... It came today. B)

Don't you just love tools????

blast.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Boys and their toys eh :blink:

Looks like a spot blaster, you need to remove the big plastic nozzle and collection bag now, heres mine with them removed. then get some kiln dried sand from your builders merchants and run a tube into the sand instead of the on board container (for large items)

AldiBlaster.jpg

Kiln dried sand £3.14 from B&Q

I will try with the nozzles on and off. The instructions say wear eye protection but nothing about gloves or mask. I have invested in a 2 filter mask, just in case.

The swing arm is going to be the first to get it's attention but I am still waiting for some compressor bits.

the mask is defo a good idea, I have done sandblasting with a larger rig and it gets everywhere. breating the stray sand may not be super harmful, but i still wouldnt want to.

also the mask keeps you from "exfoliating" exposed surfaces of your face. ;)

if i were to sandblast anything for more than 10 minutes i would probably don a skimask just to keep the stuff out of my ears and hair and such.

the mask is defo a good idea, I have done sandblasting with a larger rig and it gets everywhere. breating the stray sand may not be super harmful, but i still wouldnt want to.

also the mask keeps you from "exfoliating" exposed surfaces of your face. ;)

if i were to sandblast anything for more than 10 minutes i would probably don a skimask just to keep the stuff out of my ears and hair and such.

I exfoliate every night then I find E45 cream works best to keep my boyish good looks :rolleyes:

I will just mask up first then see how dusty I get. I may have to change my handle to DustyDT :lol:

Hey shooter, would be a good idea to fabricate some kind of 'curtained - catcher' so you can save as much sand as poss for re-use, OG's coffin is'nt too far away from a brilliant idea, phoned Aldi about them, the young Polish girl said she didnt know when they were getting them in?, shite customer service eh ! :mellow:

Hey shooter, would be a good idea to fabricate some kind of 'curtained - catcher' so you can save as much sand as poss for re-use, OG's coffin is'nt too far away from a brilliant idea, phoned Aldi about them, the young Polish girl said she didnt know when they were getting them in?, shite customer service eh ! :mellow:

I saw a frame size home made wooden box one for sale the other day. Not coffin shaped but interesting. A few perspex panels, old conservatory roofing or checker plate with a perspex lid would work. It could be big. The BBQ almost got converted the other day. I need to get out more :unsure:

Not fussed about buying sand just how many animals and neighbours I kill during the process :lol:

I bet the Polish girl sounded good when she said "No" ;)

I saw a frame size home made wooden box one for sale the other day. Not coffin shaped but interesting. A few perspex panels, old conservatory roofing or checker plate with a perspex lid would work. It could be big. The BBQ almost got converted the other day. I need to get out more :unsure:

Not fussed about buying sand just how many animals and neighbours I kill during the process :lol:

I bet the Polish girl sounded good when she said "No" ;)

Why has'nt someone invented an 'emoticon' for snigger out loud ? ;)

oh and meant to add, dont throw away the 'weedol' bottle, you can fill it with weedkiller, handy !

.....oh and meant to add, dont throw away the 'weedol' bottle, you can fill it with weedkiller, handy !

Or use it as a colostomy bag :lol:

Just had a call from the manager at my local Aldi, it turns out that after I had gone through my long speil about the Old Git on the computermabob that said Aldi were getting coffins in, soon, she had thought I was talking about 'Halls mentholiptus'?, the language barrier I guess, anyway take back what I said about Aldi customer service, the guy went that extra mile, an example to us all :rolleyes:

and their not doing a coffin in the near future as far as he's aware !

Just had a call from the manager at my local Aldi, it turns out that after I had gone through my long speil about the Old Git on the computermabob that said Aldi were getting coffins in, soon, she had thought I was talking about 'Halls mentholiptus'?, the language barrier I guess, anyway take back what I said about Aldi customer service, the guy went that extra mile, an example to us all :rolleyes:

and their not doing a coffin in the near future as far as he's aware !

Coughing. Eh!! Nice one.

Should I ask my local one? If enough people do it they may start to stock them. That would be class.

Coughing. Eh!! Nice one.

Should I ask my local one? If enough people do it they may start to stock them. That would be class.

lol, the badness is in you m8 :lol:

judging by the amount of sh*te that comes from some of you lot i should think they are in short supply! :lol:

Oh yes. I can fill a bin liner in 3 minutes just by talking into it!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online