EXHAUST

ahaviland-ME
This post is 5437 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my bike, a 1976 xs 360, runs best with its mufflers off. Unfortunately, I cook at a resort up in NH where I also live and even though the bike is small, it puts out some serious decibels when those mufflers aren't on it and I don't think management appreciates the awesome sounds that this bike can make. I'm hoping to find a pair of slip-ons that will make my bike sound unique and hungry but not quite as loud as a bike with straight pipes while still offering no restriction to the airflow which exists in harmony with the up jetting I did last winter and the pod air filters I replaced those huge boxes with. I tried putting the old mufflers that were on it when I purchased it two years ago back on but the engine gets far too hot with that kind of restriction. Also, its a cafe recreation so I'm trying for something small and discrete that wont disrupt the cafe jive. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

repacking the muffler with fiberglass packing bought from almost any motorcycle shop ($3-$20), or even using steel-wool pads ($0.60-$4) if your really in a bind, this will restore the old muffler to the factory noise level, unless there is something internally wrong with the bike.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online