What do you use...

R1caz
This post is 7247 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

to clean your visor? I heard on the trade grapevine today that Arai japan are taking Autoglym to court over their Helmet and visor cleaner. Apparently it is petrochemical based and is causing the plastic to crumble and fail. It does not affect the fibre shell (arai only use fibre) but it "causing them great concern" and can prove their claims.

If Arai think this is happening to the plastic on their lids makes you wonder what it's doing to some of the polycarb ones does't it! :?:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I come home from a ride and put a wet piece of kitchen towel on the visor. Leave it for 10 minutes, then wipe it clean with the wet kitchen towel. Dry it with kitchen towel and polish with breath and a soft duster. Visors last for years this way. I replace my helmets every 2/3 years and have never had to replace a visor.

I would say - NEVER use anything other than water to clean a visor.

Only warm water an kitchen roll,an like Alan said leave a wet paper towel over the visor for a few mins an it'll get the dead bugs off as good as owt else. :)

bug & tar remover with a bit of Vim works wonders :wink: but failing that...household polish 8)

or buy a 50cc. i hardly get any flys to remove, its like 1 every blue moom and wet paper towel does even need to be left on, just a quick wipe and volla! :lol:

Same with me. Nothing to remove, just a quick touch up every month or so :)

or buy a 50cc. i hardly get any flys to remove, its like 1 every blue moom and wet paper towel does even need to be left on, just a quick wipe and volla! :lol:

With a 50, the flys have time to get outta the way :wink: :lol:

Being a year-round rider, I've been known to use good ol' car wax on Both sides of the visor :wink: .......works wonders!....especially when the Liquid is about 8)

skyline wrote:

or buy a 50cc. i hardly get any flys to remove, its like 1 every blue moom and wet paper towel does even need to be left on, just a quick wipe and volla!

:what Bet you get more on the back of your helmet than on the visor! Never mind you'll be able to get a bigger bike before too long!! :lol:

Only kidding!! Yeah, wet kitchen roll is great, i use furniture polish after which reduces the misting up.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online