First Bike

Jonny33
This post is 5466 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

First off, hi guys! I'm a newbie (both to biking and this forum) and I'm looking forward to getting involved in the big bad world of motorcycling...

Anyway! After taking my CBT I've fallen in love with biking and I want to pass my test. I'm looking at getting a 125cc to practice on and have narrowed it down to the Honda CG125 and the Yamaha SR125; does anyone have any experience with either of their bikes?

Also, I want to receive an A2 license and as some of you may know this requires the bike the test is taken on to be between 120-125cc and capable of 100kmh (62.5 mph). I realise it may be a bit of a bone-shaker, but will the Yamaha be capable of this?

Thanks in advance! :)

Jon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey mate i would look at the YBR 125 by Yamaha

its better than the cg 125 easily ... and you can pick one up for a decent price.

I had one, and loved every minute of it. Definatly have a look at them bud. :)

all the bikes above meet the requirments for the A2 test

jonny

after you have passed you will find that a 250 is a good buy for sub 33 bhp and cheaper than 125,s secondhand, as for the CG and old jap one is just about indestructible

Merv

Hi Jon

I have an SR125 and its been a great bike to learn on. It will give you a lot of confidence and its very forgiving. Its capable of keeping up with traffic on most A roads and is even fine on the dual carriageway. Speed will dip a bit on steep hills when the wind is against you but I think most bikes in this category will tend to do that. Mine's been very reliable, starts first time, it even coped well with the wintery UK roads and bad weather and shows no sign of rust. In fact I polished up the chrome yesterday and it looks almost brand new, not bad for a 9 year old bike.

I can't offer much opinion of other bikes but I didn't really get on with the YBR I did my CBT on, but I suspect that was more to do with it being a training school's bike rather than the design of the thing.

Where abouts are you Jon? I will be selling mine because I'm going travelling in November. I was planning on keeping it for the summer and getting rid just before I go but I might be tempted to sell it sooner if I can get a fair price, I'm in Portsmouth.

Chris

ahhh noooooo not the CG125 i did my test on it i had 2 days and after those 2 days i wanted to blow it up its an awfuly twichey bike over 50mph and would only do 62mph with me on it and that was unrestricted not fun....... get a 600cc i did and dident have a problem much more forgiving that the 125's

This was my first bike, til it was left at my Nana's :rolleyes:

BikeatNanas2jpg1.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online