Project DT

DirtyDT
This post is 5583 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A bit of a wash out weekend. I am stuck for a couple of day's as I can not get the pivot bolt out of the frame. I did mention this in a different thread but no amount of WD or hitting it with larger and larger hammers is budging it. I have decided to cut it out. To gain access to it the engine is coming out BUT I am still waiting for the big one tail pipe (This has been ongoing since 17 May and I had to return one) but they said Wednesday so I will wait for that, fit it and make sure that it is OK prior to ripping the engine out. I think I can get it off without damaging to frame or swingarm but I will see.

With the bike this stripped down this much I may as well shot blast and paint the frame.

Pictures below of where I am. The screwdriver is there so that the swingarm does not press onto the rear of the engine. BTW I know that one of the engine bolts is missing for the eagle eyed out there :D It was like that when I brought the bike.

sw1.jpgsw2.jpg

sw3.jpgsw4.jpg

sw5.jpgsw6.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online