Where to get new clutch friction disks??

78XS400
This post is 5436 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I cannot find any except a set thats $135 shipped, I know there are cheaper ones out there, my clutch is slipping and its def the friction plates, anyone know a place to get them cheaper than that?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

what kind of oil are u running?

Normal Castrol 20w-50, I took the clutch out and there really is not a lot of material left on them but then again I dont know what new ones looks like so I cant compare.

Also I need to know if the clutch springs from a 80+ xs 400 will work in my 78, I only have 4 springs where the 80+ bikes have 6 but I think they are the same springs?

Check the part number but try

Here

Thanks a lot, that listing is not the right part number but I pulled my part number 383-16321-00-00 and ordered 7 of them for $54, not bad, hopefully this fixes my issue.

Thanks a lot, that listing is not the right part number but I pulled my part number 383-16321-00-00 and ordered 7 of them for $54, not bad, hopefully this fixes my issue.

No problems. Better than 135 Bucks!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online