dt175

This post is 5550 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys just wondering if any one knows where the vac hoses go on a dt 175 "77" mod its got the mono shock with a mikuni carb modle 2h500 there is 2 vac hose conections on the carb and three vac conections on the gear box one on the carb will be for the petrol tap its blocked off caus i got a manual tap what are the three on the gear box for one is a breather i know that what are the other two any help would be greatly apreciated thanks guys p.s got this little rripper for a hundred bucks from the local tip it had a stuck piston nothing a bit of wood en a mallot coultent fix pluss some paint and im blown out at how well it goes it bloody flys dt's are fully sick its the best little dirt bike ive ever had and not meaning to gloat but i think its the best hundred dollar tip job ive seen on the net yet

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

One for the oil from the oil tank to the pump (larger one), one from the oil pump to the carb (thinner one).

Search the forum for info. Try Here first for the first info.

Nice find you got there and what a bargain, those thing fetch good money here. I'm intrigued by your use of the term vac hose, there isnt a single pipe on that bike that is a vac hose. There should be tube from the oil tank to the oil pump at the front right of the engine, also another tube exits the pump and goes to the carb spigot Copyof100_0682.jpg

A black rubber tube from the fuel tap to the carb.

The gearbox breather tucks away down between the back of the engine and the swing arm pivot

The carb breather and also carb overflow tubes also likewise the above

That just about covers it

if the oil tank is empty and you are using the oil pump be sure to remove the bleed screw when you fill the tank until the bubbles stop, then hold the pulley fully open for a while as the engine idles, this will get oil to the carb quickly, I suggest using clear tube from oil pump to carb so that you can see that oil is there.

...Paul

thanks heaps guys i apreciate your coments it dident look as good as this when i got it i think it had been left out for years dry thats why the piston was stuck it looked like it only worth a hundred bucks here in austrailia id only get maybe a thousand bucks for it but a couldent bear to part with it even after 6 weeks or so in storage it starts first kick but ive got an idle back problem will a dirty idle jet make it hard to get a good idle speed after about an hour or so of good rideing it is posible to get an idle around 500 rpm it seems to get better the longer its ridden i havent bougth carb cleaner yet ive only useb a bit of unleded petrol but i dont think i removed and cleand the idle jet i dident even know you could until i read some post's on this forum all i did was the main needle jet but i will give it a bit more atention soon any way thanks agian guys "GO DT'S"

A couple of pictures which may help.

The larger black pipe is the pipe from the oil tank to the pump. The clear one is from the pump to the carb.

oilpipe1.jpg

The pump showing the pipes. Clear one to the rear. Notice that I have changed the bleed bolt, the oil pump fitting bolts and the crankcase bolt. All of these were mangled so the main ones I have changed to stainless Allen bolts.

oilpipe2.jpg

Nice find you got there and what a bargain, those thing fetch good money here. I'm intrigued by your use of the term vac hose, there isnt a single pipe on that bike that is a vac hose. There should be tube from the oil tank to the oil pump at the front right of the engine, also another tube exits the pump and goes to the carb spigot Copyof100_0682.jpg

The gearbox breather tucks away down between the back of the engine and the swing arm pivot

if the oil tank is empty and you are using the oil pump be sure to remove the bleed screw when you fill the tank until the bubbles stop, then hold the pulley fully open for a while as the engine idles, this will get oil to the carb quickly, I suggest using clear tube from oil pump to carb so that you can see that oil is there.

...Paul

Hi Paul

Perhaps its a DT175 'maxim' :lol:

Regards Jim

• 1 month later...

...Paul

g'day paul shaun here how are you i got my rings the other day and put em on thismorning i endid up polishing the ports plus took a couple of thou of the head and honed the bore by hand so the new rings will bed in all good. first start i had to use a bit of crc to get her going it blew smoke for about 10 mins or so i just played with throtle a bit first ride BLEW ME AWAY was still a bit smokey but after about 15 min of tearing round the street the smoke cleard up alot and just a slight tug on the bars in high second will get the weel up ive got aprox 20%more power im verry pleased with the out come it all came together very well and your advice and imfo was extremly helpfull thanks heaps mate ps. just one last thing after i finished rideing a had a fiddle to make sure there was no leaks or any thing abnormal and the only thing i noticed was there is a tiny amound of air being blown out the carb at very low compresion i could tell i could see i litle bit of soke coming out of the carb throut when i turnd it over lightly by hand after just cuting the motor and i know its the reeds is this normal should they leek a litle bit at verry low comp. or not at all should they close fully and seal the chamber regardless of the compreshion or some times dose it take a little bit of air preasure to seel the reeds??????

just one last thing after i finished rideing a had a fiddle to make sure there was no leaks or any thing abnormal and the only thing i noticed was there is a tiny amound of air being blown out the carb at very low compresion i could tell i could see i litle bit of soke coming out of the carb throut when i turnd it over lightly by hand after just cuting the motor and i know its the reeds is this normal should they leek a litle bit at verry low comp. or not at all should they close fully and seal the chamber regardless of the compreshion or some times dose it take a little bit of air preasure to seel the reeds??????

Glad youre having fun with it Shaun, the reeds will never seal when turning the motor by hand as you say. There is a specification for the bend of the reed petals of something like 0.3mm if memory serves me correct, that coupled with a lack of pressure to blow them closed will mean you saw this little leak.

...Paul

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online