DT175 Tyres - Any recommemdations please?

DirtyDT
This post is 5460 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good morning all,

Have any of you any thoughts or experience on tyre selections for a DT175? On road use only, obviously tubed. I am leaning towards Avon Distanzia AM43/44's (Sizes 80/90-21 48S and 4.10-18 60S) but Dunlop Trailmax D604 also look OK. I am guessing that these are both tube and non tube types as, From memory I thought that you can not use tubes in tubeless tyres as the inside of the tyre is rough and tears the tubes.

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good morning all,

Have any of you any thoughts or experience on tyre selections for a DT175? On road use only, obviously tubed. I am leaning towards Avon Distanzia AM43/44's (Sizes 80/90-21 48S and 4.10-18 60S) but Dunlop Trailmax D604 also look OK. I am guessing that these are both tube and non tube types as, From memory I thought that you can not use tubes in tubeless tyres as the inside of the tyre is rough and tears the tubes.

Thanks.

Got bridgestone trail wings on mine, look right work well enough on or off road for the bike and they were relatively cheap. I think trailee bikes with road boots look a bit odd unless they have the supermo treatment and a DT17 looks daft with a 18inch front.

Got bridgestone trail wings on mine, look right work well enough on or off road for the bike and they were relatively cheap. I think trailee bikes with road boots look a bit odd unless they have the supermo treatment and a DT17 looks daft with a 18inch front.

Thanks Cynic,

I still like the Distanzia's but understand the boots comment.

I agree that it would not look good as a supermoto.

Cheers.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online