Yamaha XJ6 Naked 2009

dan3
This post is 3637 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I own the new Yamaha Xj6 naked motorbike , just wondering anyone got that bike on this forum , I'm in the process of looking for a new exhaust so far i've come across the below link :

http://www.devil-exhaust.co.uk/gb/news/new...oncept%20%21%21

Does anyone know anyone else who has made a exhaust for this model yet?

Would appreciate any feedback

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I own the new Yamaha Xj6 naked motorbike , just wondering anyone got that bike on this forum , I'm in the process of looking for a new exhaust so far i've come across the below link :

Thanks

Just bought the Diversion ABS version of this bike, so my thanks for the link, it may come in useful!

Are you running in? I'm struggling to keep below the 5800revs the manual says for the first 600 miles. Should I really be so strict?

Cheers,

Very tidy looking bike, and that devil exhaust looks well mean, I've an older divvy and looking for exhaust options, wont be as neat as the wee 'Devil' tho, am jealous ! :mellow:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Hi i just picked up my xj6 last friday and was looking at the devil can it looks good but in the photo i cant see the center stand does it have to come off for the can to go on ?

thanks to anyone that can help

Just bought the Diversion ABS version of this bike, so my thanks for the link, it may come in useful!

Are you running in? I'm struggling to keep below the 5800revs the manual says for the first 600 miles. Should I really be so strict?

Cheers,

All new engines are tight so your running in time is important it lets the engine loosen up stress free and from 600 to 1000 miles is a max of 7000 rpm.Im finding it hard to as i was riding a hayabusa untill last . I have only 574 miles to go lol.

• 2 months later...

The Leo and the Devil are nice but blinking expensive. I too have bought a naked and plan to upgrade the exhaust. While looking for alternatives I found this from ixil.

My link

I really like it and at over £250 cheaper than the nearest rival i think its worth a pop. I have seen a few on youtube but they all seem to be continent bikes. Any over in UK got one? and what do you think.

p.s. I am assuming that as it is basically straight through ala the leo vince, devil and GRP then similar weight advantages and HP will ensue.

Hi Folks, New member here.

I bought my 1st bike last November - a Black XJ6, wanted to change the exhaust for some time, after lots of forum searching i had a full LeoVince GP Pro system fitted, sure its an aquired look, but it sounds awesome, makes a great popping sound when its warming up, really pleased. I'll post some pics shortly.

Really love the bike!

I've also fitted Goodridge cables, small clear indicators, smaller number plate and short finger brake levers.

Cheers

Paul.

Welcome to the forum Boli,wood you say the new exhaust gives it any more poke?, I've got same bike and not impressed with the very quiet stock system :mellow:

Hi, yes, i would, especially now i've done my 1000 miles and can get the revs up, put certainly feels better.

Also fitted a RG Tail Tidy and that helps improve the looks. The hole by the rear shock that is left when you remove the stock exhaust also looks much neater than the ugly box stock catalytic.c/exhaust box.

The Leo is a heck of a price aint it, will wait til the stock one rots away, a year and a half then :D , that and the headlight unit (which looks like a transformers coming face) are the only things I dont like about this bike-except for that it can shift and is well flingable ;)

The Leo is a heck of a price aint it, will wait til the stock one rots away, a year and a half then :D , that and the headlight unit (which looks like a transformers coming face) are the only things I dont like about this bike-except for that it can shift and is well flingable ;)

indeed, i got my Leo system for £675 (plus fitting), figured it was worth buying as each time i looked at the bike, the stock exhaust annoyed me. Agree with the headlight unit, is there replacements lights out there?

I like the look of the old naked round chromy, a lot of new model bikes seem to be reverting to the jagged transformer streetfighter look, I'm sure there will be guys out there who have done the headlight retro-fit, its a great looking bike despite these bug bears

P1290032-1.jpg

I like the look of the old naked round chromy, a lot of new model bikes seem to be reverting to the jagged transformer streetfighter look, I'm sure there will be guys out there who have done the headlight retro-fit, its a great looking bike despite these bug bears

P1290032-1.jpg

Yep, good looking bike-------that stock nipple off and exaust will have to go

Hey Bark, whats that sitting on your seat,-------something to tickle your stones??? :lol:

Yep its an OEM gem polisher from (ball)Busters ;)

Yep its an OEM gem polisher from (ball)Busters ;)

A yes, must get myself one of those. :D

tickle, tickle