Clocked

Andy_YZF_R6
This post is 5517 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I recently bought an R6 03 plate, and have only just noticed that the mileage on the odometer does not match the last MOT certificate... is there anyway to tell if the bike has been clocked? is the mileage recorded in the ECU?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated

Andy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

mileage is recorded on the clocks themselves, it's possible that the clock unit has been switched for one from a lower mileaged bike.

my dad bought a Jog RR for my brother to learn on not long back with the handlebars and clocks smashed up from where some muppet tried to nick it, ended up buying a set of clocks from a similar year Jog R which showed the mileage as less

Hi all,

I recently bought an R6 03 plate, and have only just noticed that the mileage on the odometer does not match the last MOT certificate... is there anyway to tell if the bike has been clocked? is the mileage recorded in the ECU?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated

Andy

Thats what i thought, however i have known the person i bought it from for quite a while and would have thought he would have said if that was the case, im hoping its incorrect information recorded at the mot station and was hoping there was a way that i could prove that the bike had not been tampered with?

Andy

do you have the MOT previous to the most recent MOT?, if there is a significant difference between the two then it may be a case of incorrect recordings taken by the MOT tester

do you have the MOT previous to the most recent MOT?, if there is a significant difference between the two then it may be a case of incorrect recordings taken by the MOT tester

previous mot = 10,078

current mot = 15,906

Mileage on bike when bought 11,997

Have a word with trading standards, if you bought it as that guaranteed mileage then you have a good case, if there was a disclaimer on the clock then you do not have a leg too stand on, i never believe speedos anymore,

1 have 2 brand new 1970.s Rd speedos in my stock pile

2 i have changed speedos on all kinds of things before cars bikes etc, always keep the original and give it too any new owner though, and a record of the mileage on the replacment clock

3 the latest electronic speedos supposed to be more difficult to clock are easiest of the lot , there are adverts all over the place for people that will do it

Merv

Have a word with trading standards, if you bought it as that guaranteed mileage then you have a good case, if there was a disclaimer on the clock then you do not have a leg too stand on, i never believe speedos anymore,

1 have 2 brand new 1970.s Rd speedos in my stock pile

2 i have changed speedos on all kinds of things before cars bikes etc, always keep the original and give it too any new owner though, and a record of the mileage on the replacment clock

3 the latest electronic speedos supposed to be more difficult to clock are easiest of the lot , there are adverts all over the place for people that will do it

Merv

Bought it from a mate, so only proof of mileage on purchase would be the V5 bearing both are signatures.

Records dont show any change in clock, is there a mark on the clock that would relate it to the bike at all??

I think the mileage shown on the bike is correct as he hardly ever used the thing, but then thats an opinion, not fact.

How do i stand when taking it for its next MOT which is in a couple of weeks? when the mileage shown is lower than what it was on the previous MOT??

Andy

just tell em the speedo was knackered and a replacement fitted , after all you are not trying to cover anything up are ya??

Merv

the mileage that is on the speedo fitted to the bike i would imagine BTW the speedo does not even have to be working for the mot

merv