DO NOT LEAV URE LICENCE AT THE TEST CENTER !!!!!

barwell1992
This post is 5514 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

grr righ i pased my test three weeks ago to morow and i still havent recived my license from the DVAL so i gave them a bell and guess what they havent recived my license paper and photo part and aparently i need to ring the test center up but can i find there number any where ?? NO!!

so that may meen a trip to leicester to the test center if my instructor dosent get back to me with the number

i carnt belive they are so careless and the fact that my license is my only forum of ID its a pain in the ass :angry:

any one else had any experiance like this ?

thank god i have my test cetificates for both parts so think im going to have to photo coppy them so i can show the police if i need to.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

grr righ i pased my test three weeks ago to morow and i still havent recived my license from the DVAL so i gave them a bell and guess what they havent recived my license paper and photo part and aparently i need to ring the test center up but can i find there number any where ?? NO!!

so that may meen a trip to leicester to the test center if my instructor dosent get back to me with the number

i carnt belive they are so careless and the fact that my license is my only forum of ID its a pain in the ass :angry:

any one else had any experiance like this ?

thank god i have my test cetificates for both parts so think im going to have to photo coppy them so i can show the police if i need to.

Calm up !!!

you would have read my previous post elsewhere but this is perhaps a lost in the post thing or a lost in the system thing b4 you go & tear off the examiners head off it would be worth talking calmly to the DVLA and insuring that the person at the end of the phone knows how to use the IT system that is in front of them ... telephone people perhaps have very little access to the database and perhaps cannot 'see' in process paperwork

Regards Jim

Calm up !!!

you would have read my previous post elsewhere but this is perhaps a lost in the post thing or a lost in the system thing b4 you go & tear off the examiners head off it would be worth talking calmly to the DVLA and insuring that the person at the end of the phone knows how to use the IT system that is in front of them ... telephone people perhaps have very little access to the database and perhaps cannot 'see' in process paperwork

Regards Jim

i have spoken to the dvla and he seemed to know what he was talking about the checked all my details on the dater base and sead that nothing had come through andit just sead that i was able to ride a 50cc lol then he sead has it been more than 15 days i sead yes it been 3 weeks so he sead its most likely that the tester hasent sent it off or its gotten lost and forgoten about

well have the test center number (lester) so im going to give them a ring to see whats what

sorry just anoyed and im going on holiday and need my license as im riding to france so its going to be cutting it close

i have spoken to the dvla and he seemed to know what he was talking about the checked all my details on the dater base and sead that nothing had come through andit just sead that i was able to ride a 50cc lol then he sead has it been more than 15 days i sead yes it been 3 weeks so he sead its most likely that the tester hasent sent it off or its gotten lost and forgoten about

well have the test center number (lester) so im going to give them a ring to see whats what

sorry just anoyed and im going on holiday and need my license as im riding to france so its going to be cutting it close

oh OK,

just take into account that the oppereator may have it wrong !!! Have you checked that you can drive in the country you intend to drive in with a new licence. I don't know but it would be good to check there laws just to ensure that foregin drivers don't need to have held a licence for a period of time b4 riding on there roads .... Take into account you are young , have just past your test and are driving 'on the wrong side of the road' there is no question you could do it but there is the point their government may have other ideas.

Regards Jim

is it me or what but you are worried about you licence arriving on time for your holiday to france! its the least of your problems you have a restricted licence 33bhp and your going to france on a bike which you have not had restricted so your insurance will be invalid and your worried about your licence?

yup checked the french law and because i did the new test (same as they have to do aparently im ok)

and to oldtimer the bikes probs going to be restricted befor we go not sure thogh depends on the cost

yup checked the French law and because i did the new test (same as they have to do apparently I'm OK)

and to oldtimer the bikes probs going to be restricted befor we go not sure thogh depends on the cost

if the bike is still over just make sure you do nowt wrong ... taking youth from the equation I think I would not be able to ride a bike on the wrong side of the road without some more riding/driving experience if you do it just make sure you don't do the islands backwards !

Regards Jim

if the bike is still over just make sure you do nowt wrong ... taking youth from the equation I think I would not be able to ride a bike on the wrong side of the road without some more riding/driving experience if you do it just make sure you don't do the islands backwards !

Regards Jim

haha i have actuly ride on the "wrong side" quite a bit in greece no legaly of corce but i was on one quad while mum and dad were on another :D so have a head start, also my mum will be in the car infront with the satnav and my dad will be behind me on his XT so should be ok.

also whats this thing about us having to stick to a 10kph lower speed limmit ?? any one heard of that befor

max speed 90 kph/56mph in france for a year after passing your test, roundabouts are not too bad the road leads you into them, junctions are worse, make sure you do not ride into oncoming traffic, an experienced rider on the honda XRV forum has just done this and ridden head on into a truck, he is alive and has been medivaced home but is in a bad way

merv

90kph :o thats slow lol would take for ever if i were to do that lol :P

ohh well

and ye will wach out for the junctions

haha i have actuly ride on the "wrong side" quite a bit in greece no legaly of corce but i was on one quad while mum and dad were on another :D so have a head start, also my mum will be in the car infront with the satnav and my dad will be behind me on his XT so should be ok.

also whats this thing about us having to stick to a 10kph lower speed limmit ?? any one heard of that befor

Yep well correct .... but I would also check that your new licence is vaild for use abroad ... tbh I would guess there is no chance you could hire a bike abroad (or here) on such a new licence, there may be some odd rules that don't allow you to ride in another country until a period has expired, I guess I'm wrong but if I'm not you could be doing 10 years in 'Sing Sing' (prison) just thro a lack of research !

Regards Jim

Yep well correct .... but I would also check that your new licence is vaild for use abroad ... tbh I would guess there is no chance you could hire a bike abroad (or here) on such a new licence, there may be some odd rules that don't allow you to ride in another country until a period has expired, I guess I'm wrong but if I'm not you could be doing 10 years in 'Sing Sing' (prison) just thro a lack of research !

Regards Jim

yep going to dobble check now

ahh crap aparently i can only ride a 80cc lollll until im 18 f*ck evory thing is booked hmm well i carnt see what the problem would be apart from if i were to get pulled over

will see what mum and dad says

ahh crap aparently i can only ride a 80cc lollll until im 18 f*ck evory thing is booked hmm well i carnt see what the problem would be apart from if i were to get pulled over

will see what mum and dad says

Just check that your NEW UK licence is valid to use abroad you may get around the 80cc limit as you hold a vaild licence for a different EU member state, the point is do the DVLA/Government cover you ?

Regards Jim

hmm not sure on that will give them a ring tommorow i think also i dont know how up to date these sorces are as i did the new EU test so need to find out if that efects any thing

hmm not sure on that will give them a ring tommorow i think also i dont know how up to date these sorces are as i did the new EU test so need to find out if that efects any thing

How did you get on ?

Regards Jim

havent had time to phone them as im at my gf's house because she has a gig to night but will do it tommorow

havent had time to phone them as im at my gf's house because she has a gig to night but will do it tommorow

night at G/F's house .. sounds good :D !!!

Regards Jim