Copy Bikes. Any Good?

This post is 5512 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've been looking around for a cheap off road bike that i can ride round fields etc and I came across a few copy bikes like apache etc. Are these any good? if theyre reliable enough then I'll get one as theyre a few hundred quid cheaper than genuine bikes but they still use genuine honda & yamaha engines.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ive never had the experiance with a copy bike, but dont expect the same build quality as you would with a high-market jap bike.

if its just to throw around the fields then can't see any problem, a good source of spares is essential for any bike so check to see if you can get spare parts in the UK

yeah i just read a few reviews about chinese bikes and they say that most the bolts come loose and bits fall off. I'm going to have a look on ebay and see if i can pick up a spares or repairs bike but a genuine one and then fix it using 2nd hand parts.

yeah i just read a few reviews about chinese bikes and they say that most the bolts come loose and bits fall off. I'm going to have a look on ebay and see if i can pick up a spares or repairs bike but a genuine one and then fix it using 2nd hand parts.

if its just for field wouldn't it be easier to buy a second hand jap bike ??

a DTR or YZ should be fine and loads of places do spares etc

yes they are cheap and that sums it up, the engines are not genuine dont ever believe they are no matter what anyone tells you, off road messing around yes ok but look after it watch all the fixings etc, check them for coming loose, but do not expect it to last, i have been told that genuine parts will fit them as they are copies but do not know for sure on that,

and I had the owner of Cardiff motorcycles a big bike breaker at my house recently, he said all they do with the chinese bikes that come in is cut them in half and throw them in the skip

merv

so to sum them up theyre pretty sh*t then? lol

I've been looking for a YZ as I had one years ago but theyre too expensive, even the late 80's bikes are.

so to sum them up theyre pretty sh*t then? lol

I've been looking for a YZ as I had one years ago but theyre too expensive, even the late 80's bikes are.

Yep !

to order parts you need to have a number 54,74,34 and the person behind the counter keeps "asking pawn clackers wid tadt sur" or am I going to the wrong shop to get spare parts ? :D:lol:<_<

Regards Jim.

Most Choggie bikes appear to be built on old Honda & Suzi designs the Jap's have sold the Chogs some worn out tooling so hence the build is below Japanise STD

I bought a 97 dt for only 550 which is pretty good, went straight through it's MOT, needs a new piston, rings and gaskets, nothing major though. Sure you'll get something like that for off road use. Don't even bother with chinese especially if it's being used off road, it'll fall apart within minutes.

I got my sons a Hymoto 90 each a cuople off years ago for the local mx track and they have been uesd and abused by kids and big kids alike and never missed a beat. :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online