1999 Fazer 600 Power problems

Fazer lad
This post is 5247 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 1999 Fazer 600. It has 34,000 mls on it with full service history. While out today when accerlerating hard at about 8500/9000 revs in 4th,5th and 6th gear there was a slight power loss. If i ease off and slowly roll on the throttle it seems to be okay but while on a stretch of dual carriageway i could only just manage to get it above 9500 revs. Has anyone encountered this problem????? as it is quite annoying!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Don't all rush at once now!!!!

I have a 1999 Fazer 600. It has 34,000 mls on it with full service history. While out today when accerlerating hard at about 8500/9000 revs in 4th,5th and 6th gear there was a slight power loss. If i ease off and slowly roll on the throttle it seems to be okay but while on a stretch of dual carriageway i could only just manage to get it above 9500 revs. Has anyone encountered this problem????? as it is quite annoying!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Is the air filter in good condition? Make sure there is not to much oil in it or that gas is in the oil. If it has sat over a couple of months the carbs might be getting gelled fuel in the jets and the diaphrams may not be raising up in the bores all the way.

• 6 months later...

I'd agree with that guy, maybe time to strip down and check the carbs.

Make sure theres no build up of crap.

Get a new seals, remove the float chambers and check your diaphragms,

they may be starting to perish...thats just a maybe though.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online