99mph is that it !!

barwell1992
This post is 5500 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well im quite disapointed with the top end speed to be honest (mt-03) i only managed to get 103mph while slips streaming my dads car was told that 110mph is about the max so was hoping for a bit more ohh well

was on the m45 verry fast road think there wasent as car doing under 90mph lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well im quite disapointed with the top end speed to be honest (mt-03) i only managed to get 103mph while slips streaming my dads car was told that 110mph is about the max so was hoping for a bit more ohh well

Your on the wrong type of road mate, get on to the A and B roads with some bumpy bits in em

M45 mmmm try the stuff around Dunchurch and off towards Rugby or the other direction to Banbury and Southam or down to the Leamington road.

yeh i know i go to southam a lot (my gf lives there) and leamington the back way a lot to collage :)

but ye was boring but we are going to france on the motor ways and my dad wanted to knowhow fast it could go lol so we can pace our selves

what side of northampton do you live ?? rugby side or the other side

Hi Barwell,

The M45 ... the road to nowhere !!!! (bar the M1) I to have used the M45 as a testing ground managed bit more than a ton on the old Venture Royal tho !

Regards Jim

yeh thats the first place im taking my biger bike when i get one in about a year or 2 hoping to buy my own bike befor i get my unrestricted license as my mum and dad own my bike

lol just to get it run in :P

im hoping to get somthink like a zx9r but will run like a pig at 33bhp lol

yeh thats the first place im taking my biger bike when i get one in about a year or 2 hoping to buy my own bike befor i get my unrestricted license as my mum and dad own my bike

lol just to get it run in :P

im hoping to get somthink like a zx9r but will run like a pig at 33bhp lol

Hi Barwell,

most run like poo at 33 hp unless designed to have that power output all the extra weight & no power to pull it !

Regards Jim

yeh thats y im reluctant to have myn restricted to 33bhp from 45bhp i dosent have much power as it is

yeh i know i go to southam a lot (my gf lives there) and leamington the back way a lot to collage :)

but ye was boring but we are going to france on the motor ways and my dad wanted to knowhow fast it could go lol so we can pace our selves

what side of northampton do you live ?? rugby side or the other side

To the west between j15a and 16 on the M1.

yeh thats y im reluctant to have myn restricted to 33bhp from 45bhp i dosent have much power as it is

aye. i was going to buy an R6 and restrict to 33bhp

but it'l struggle to pull itself let alone my arse

R125 FTW

aye. i was going to buy an R6 and restrict to 33bhp

but it'l struggle to pull itself let alone my arse

R125 FTW

Hi,

that will run like pooo and perhaps pushing it would be the best option :unsure:

Regards Jim

Hi,

that will run like pooo and perhaps pushing it would be the best option :unsure:

Regards Jim

haha yeh thats the problem i wouldent want it restricted so i think im just going to hand the 2 years out and pile up the cash for a nice bike the problem is i want somthink like a r1 but wouldent want to use itfor comuting because i wouldent have any wrists left but i realy want the power and i think a r6 would be to small so i think im going to go for a fazer 1000 2004 model or a fz1 naked :/ not sure thogh i would like a sports bike but not if its not any good for comuting

i want somthink like a r1 but wouldent want to use itfor comuting because i wouldent have any wrists left but i realy want the power and i think a r6 would be to small

smaller in what way?

only 10-15mph difference in top end and the R6 is faster around a track

99 mph is a good figure being nicked at 100 mph mean you lose your licence 99 you will ust get points and a fine,if you want more fun buy an older bike, kawaski s3 goes like stink handles like shit more fun than stuffing rabid ferrets down ya trousers

merv

smaller in what way?

only 10-15mph difference in top end and the R6 is faster around a track

i mean in actual size im about 6ft1ish and my dad sead the r6 is verry cramped and hes 5ft10 but aparently the r1 is a bit bigger

99 mph is a good figure being nicked at 100 mph mean you lose your licence 99 you will ust get points and a fine,if you want more fun buy an older bike, kawaski s3 goes like stink handles like shit more fun than stuffing rabid ferrets down ya trousers

merv

Hi Merv,

could younger people handle the 'hinge frame effect' ? I guess it would not be in the training manual !!!! and would not be used to it !!! and with regard to Ferrets I would perfer rabid pussys :D

Regards Jim

is the 'hinge frame effect' speed wobble ?? when fron wheal jumps from left to right ?? if so ye lol had it when i rode a 250cc crosser sh*t my self lol but managed to controle it

is the 'hinge frame effect' speed wobble ?? when fron wheal jumps from left to right ?? if so ye lol had it when i rode a 250cc crosser sh*t my self lol but managed to controle it

nope !

its where going around a corner the rear end of the bike moves to either the right or left (dependant on the corner taken) and produces a strange effect to the rear end ... like the S/A has turned thro a few degrees. The front wheel/bars moving left to right was called a 'tank slapper' (some what different to an old slapper you pick up in a club :D ) which unchecked could remove the lock stops & the forks could slap the tank !

Regards Jim

On a 33bhp restiriction I guess that you have passed in the last 2 years, meaning that 6 points and your licence is gone.

Last time I was up around rugby I saw 2 cop cars parked on the M1, one with the hair drier pointed at traffic.

The police would take great delight in throwing the book at you for that speed.

Keep your eyes peeled

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online